Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  41
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Veteran Roos culled

Let's see us make 2 X preliminary finals in a row before we start the internal back slapping.

North's list hasn't been rated in these parts these past couple of years meaning preliminary finals are either easy to get to, North have been plain old lucky, or Brad Scott can actually coach.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

2. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Let's see us make 2 X preliminary finals in a row before we start the internal back slapping.
    I don't think I'd see two more prelim final losses. I'd top myself after the first one.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

4. Likes jeemak, chef, The bulldog tragician liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Harvey has released a statement. Sounds like he wants to play on. We are apparently looking for a small forward to add to the balance of our list, could he fit the bill like Stevie J did for GWS?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Harvey has released a statement. Sounds like he wants to play on. We are apparently looking for a small forward to add to the balance of our list, could he fit the bill like Stevie J did for GWS?
    Do we really need another sub 180cm player on our list? One who is 39 years old next year?

Post Thanks / Like

North's list hasn't been rated in these parts these past couple of years meaning preliminary finals are either easy to get to, North have been plain old lucky, or Brad Scott can actually coach.
    I tend to agree Jee, but I think North got fortunate last season .
    The win against Richmond was pretty decent , but beating Sydney without Jack, Parker, Buddy and Nick Smith was good fortune.
    They've been short by a long way in those prelims, and I think they've swung to far in their recruiting of senior bodies .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I just can't digest the idea of seeing him in red, white and blue I would spew up. When we get our mids back wouldn't he be taking Hrovat's position?
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

9. Likes chef, Scraggers liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Do we really need another sub 180cm player on our list? One who is 39 years old next year?
    Yes and yes if it is Harvey. Would definitely recruit him for one year. Nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Post Thanks / Like

A good comparison is between Brad Scott and Rocket. Whilst we made 3 PF's in a row under similar circumstances in 2008-10, we were in reality much closer to a GF and a premiership than Norf were in 2014-15 despite the same PF finish. They finished no higher than 6th in H&A in the 7 years under Brad Scott whereas we finished top 4 in 3 consecutive years and were just pipped in 2 of those PF's - as a comparison Rocket was sacked after his 7th year at the kennel when we were already on the downward spiral and outside the top 8, whereas Scott is asking to lead the charge on an overdue rebuild while he torches a club legend still playing close enough to his peak. Both Rocket and Brad Scott topped up to try and reach the holy grail, which is entirely fair, and whilst Rocket was slow to regenerate our senior team with youth after we hit the skids, he was Speedy Gonzalez compared to Brad Scott.

The only winner out of this is Firrito - he is somehow being lumped into a conversation about 3 other genuinely top shelf players despite being a talentless dud shit hack sniper whose games tally of 270-odd is proof that Norf have had terrible depth and no injuries (until this year) during the Scott era.

12. Thanks bulldogtragic, 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    You mean sub 170cm

No thank you to recruiting him - basically not needed.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

14. Likes The bulldog tragician liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post

The only winner out of this is Firrito - he is somehow being lumped into a conversation about 3 other genuinely top shelf players despite being a talentless dud shit hack sniper whose games tally of 270-odd is proof that Norf have had terrible depth and no injuries (until this year) during the Scott era.
    In my opinion I think this is very unfair on Firrito. He was a player that got the most out of his ability and in a team like ours a few years back he would have been regarded as a good honest player rather than your interpretation of the type of player he has been.

I remember when the Hawks were running through Swallow and Goldy with dirty tactics it was only Spud who flew the flag and he didn't do it with cheap shots like Hodge and Lewis did.

I certainly respected him.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't think that Firrito played that many games.

He's the sort of player you like to play with because half the opposition are trying to knock him out and his teammates run free.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Boomer is at least worth a think. If everything else was exactly the same, but he was 30, who would want him for one year whilst chasing a flag? I think you would be mad to not look at it. Say no one else is keen or he just wants to be play for a contender. I think it's easy when you're a contender. If it comes cheap, do anything to make your 22 better.

I rate 3 stats in a stand alone nature. Contested possessions, intercept marks and score involvements. I do not like one dimensional players but if you are a gun in one of those three, I want you at the Bulldogs. Boomer currently sits = 15th in the league overall in score involvements. That's so best 22 it's not funny.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    I think Boomer is at least worth a think. If everything else was exactly the same, but he was 30, who would want him for one year whilst chasing a flag? I think you would be mad to not look at it. Say no one else is keen or he just wants to be play for a contender. I think it's easy when you're a contender. If it comes cheap, do anything to make your 22 better.

I rate 3 stats in a stand alone nature. Contested possessions, intercept marks and score involvements. I do not like one dimensional players but if you are a gun in one of those three, I want you at the Bulldogs. Boomer currently sits = 15th in the league overall in score involvements. That's so best 22 it's not funny.
    Dude its Boomer! He hates us and we hate him. It just wouldn't be a good look for us. I'm not one for selling out to get a marginal output. He was a champ but he can rot in retirement.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Dude its Boomer! He hates us and we hate him. It just wouldn't be a good look for us. I'm not one for selling out to get a marginal output. He was a champ but he can rot in retirement.
    Does he hate us?

I am over being a petty, small club. We are contenders now. Anything that helps us win a premiership is good by me. Let pathetic clubs worry about petty stuff.

20. Likes Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Does he hate us?

I am over being a petty, small club. We are contenders now. Anything that helps us win a premiership is good by me. Let pathetic clubs worry about petty stuff.
    But that's my point. We don't need washed up heroes topping up their super at our club anymore. He'll be 39 next year and expect a downward spiral. Let pathetic clubs like North and the Pies pick up the flotsam and jetsam of the draft. We have a very strong list now and for mine getting Boomer would be just too weird.