Thanks Thanks:  27
Likes Likes:  217
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Game Day AFL Finals Week 2 Semi Final - Hawthorn V Western Bulldogs

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0jcDDWDL_Q

This game is so much fun to watch, I must've done it 20 times. The period I love best is the 6 minutes to half time, where we win 10 inside 50s to 1 and convert a 23 point deficit to a 1 point deficit. We went in trailling at half time but I was so confident they were cooked and we had them, just watching the body language of those closing first half minutes.

Given it was the biggest crowd this group had ever played in front of, and our opponents were 3 time reigning champs, our ability to turn things around in those few minutes is beautiful to watch and sums up that great month.

If I could isolate 1 passage, it would be from 6.48 on the above, where Hawthorn repeatedly look to have time and space, but our intensity and well drilled systems wear them down, resulting in a JJ tackle and ultimately a Clay Smith goal, but the whole period from 5.25 to 11.00 is footballing poetry.
    How good was Dunkley in that quarter, could have had three goals and racked up the possessions.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Game Day AFL Finals Week 2 Semi Final - Hawthorn V Western Bulldogs

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    As an aside, Shaun Burgoyn's kick forward under pressure at the 12:30 mark of the first quarter symbolises how bloody good he is as an all round midfielder. It went sixty five metres without a heap of effort and was perfect.

He's almost the best traded in player to ever play the game in my view. I know a couple of Hawks supporters who are eating words over him just as hard as I am over Liam Picken these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    My favourite Hawk without a doubt and severely underrated in that team.
    He's the bastard that went with the long Hail Mary kick out of their backline in R3 too.

Bloody good player.

Best player ever traded, huh? That deserves a thread.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.