Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  56
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Round 1 Team, 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I'm not sure that's about him, per se. JJ in a Norm Smith winner (and bet of yours last year ), Matty Boyd, Bob & Wood are All Australians. That's four decorated half backers. Being 5th to them isn't a slap, especially if you're a premiership winning half backer. We just have too many good players back there. Add in Suckers whose a premiership half backer and it gets really tough squeezing them into a 22 let alone 18.

I blame JMac and Dalrymple. They keep getting good players, and so much so other clubs are lining up to get the fringe good players that can't regularly get in.
    I don't want to kill Bambi, but, Murphy needs to earn his spot back.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    That's ok, you didn't just kill Bambi.

You kidnapped Bambi, didn't unspeakable and unimaginably terrible things to the captive Bambi, then ripped out Bambi's heart with a rusty spoon and drank Bambi's blood!

Killing Bambi would be just starting a thread about how to celebrate his 300th game, 5 games early. That's a prick act worthy to banning that poster indefinitely.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

3. Likes chef, ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That's ok, you didn't just kill Bambi.

You kidnapped Bambi, didn't unspeakable and unimaginably terrible things to the captive Bambi, then ripped out Bambi's heart with a rusty spoon and drank Bambi's blood!

Killing Bambi would be just starting a thread about how to celebrate his 300th game, 5 games early. That's a prick act worthy to banning that poster indefinitely.
    Murph on the bench, Biggs on the HBF.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

5. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. That's funny.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty sure no one kills Bambi.....Bambi's mother on the other hand!
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

8. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Biggs does a lot of work running around packs and distributing, but what really sets him apart is his ability to play tall. He made some spoils last year that he had no right to against players much taller than him

He's also much taller than M Boyd, Suckling, Murphy & JJ to begin with, he's even taller than Wood
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Biggs is a nailed on starter.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Biggs does a lot of work running around packs and distributing, but what really sets him apart is his ability to play tall. He made some spoils last year that he had no right to against players much taller than him

He's also much taller than M Boyd, Suckling, Murphy & JJ to begin with, he's even taller than Wood
    Biggs is listed as 187cm which is just taller than Wood, but I'd say Wood plays taller because he's a freak (former state champion high jumper). Wood is arguably the best intercept mark in the competition.

Suckling is the same height as Biggs but isn't the kind of 6+ footer who seems to play tall.

I think if there's anything that sets Biggs apart it's his willingness to do anything for the team as well as his 3rd, 4th, 5th efforts. He's just never out of the contest - a classic case of desire overcoming other shortcomings.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

12. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the way Biggs backs himself, often seems to take a while with the footy cruising along with his upright running style, and looks like getting tackled - but rarely does.

Plays with a good level of confidence and assuredness - particularly for someone who has really only played 2 years of senior footy after a stop-start beginning to his career.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I like the way Biggs backs himself, often seems to take a while with the footy cruising along with his upright running style, and looks like getting tackled - but rarely does.

Plays with a good level of confidence and assuredness - particularly for someone who has really only played 2 years of senior footy after a stop-start beginning to his career.
    Played every game last year, speaks volumes!
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    Played every game last year, speaks volumes!
    I know we will never know, but do you think this would've been the case if we hadn't lost the likes of Murf, JJ, Suckling, Wood & M.Boyd for so many games last year?

I'm a Biggs fan and I like what he brings to the team (as mentioned), but if we ever have our full array of defenders out our disposal he is very much a borderline selection, which speaks volumes about the depth we have.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I know we will never know, but do you think this would've been the case if we hadn't lost the likes of Murf, JJ, Suckling, Wood & M.Boyd for so many games last year?

I'm a Biggs fan and I like what he brings to the team (as mentioned), but if we ever have our full array of defenders out our disposal he is very much a borderline selection, which speaks volumes about the depth we have.
    I am interested in where Bailey Williams, Roarke Smith and Brad Lynch also fit. Those 3 all show promise, but is hard to see how we can give them enough opportunities.

Personally I feel that Williams can be an exceptional player and am intrigued as to why he didn't get a run last week.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post

Yeah but Wood has bigger muscles!
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

18. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought I'd start this early for discussion sake: It's hard to do, and I'd imagine even harder to play against.

B: Morris Roberts M. Boyd
    HB: Murphy Cordy Wood
    C: JJ Bonts Macrae
    HF: Crameri Cloke Stringer
    F: Dickson T. Boyd McLean
    R: Campbell Libba Dahl
    Int: Hunter Biggs Daniel Picken
    23rd (next in): Jong
    Emerg: Dunkley Suckling C. Smith
    Updated.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

No a snowballs chance in hell Adams is the leading key defender in our round 1 team based on his pre-season output. Last week was bad, this week was comical.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.