Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  56
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Round 1 Team, 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    He has kicked 90 goals in his last 45 games (2 seasons) for the club.
    I hope his team mates are aspiring to be just as inconsistent!!!
    May sound surprising now but I'm a big fan of his. Maybe I'm letting that 4 goals in 6 games streak in the middle of this year get to me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    May sound surprising now but I'm a big fan of his. Maybe I'm letting that 4 goals in 6 games streak in the middle of this year get to me
    For me, I reckon that had a bit to do with his role, and personnel available at the time. We did win all bar one of those games.

Just looking back at his last two seasons, there has only been one game in 45 for him, that he hasn't had a scoring shot. That was the game we lost to St.Kilda last year - but he had 23 possessions that night, which would suggest to me that he was way up the ground.

He's been another great find.

Post Thanks / Like

And Dicko kicked a heap this year without Crameri taking the better defender all season, Redders, Jake & Tommy out for chunks taking the better-better defenders and no additional big guy almost all year (Cloke in 2017). Dicko is going to eat 4th & 5th string defenders for breakfast for the rest of his career with this forward team and smalls/rotating mids who kick goals. I'm expecting a big, big year for him.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    And Dicko kicked a heap this year without Crameri taking the better defender all season, Redders, Jake & Tommy out for chunks taking the better-better defenders and no additional big guy almost all year (Cloke in 2017). Dicko is going to eat 4th & 5th string defenders for breakfast for the rest of his career with this forward team and smalls/rotating mids who kick goals. I'm expecting a big, big year for him.
    With Crammers and Cloke in and the sheer number of 50 entries we get, I'm expecting a few have big years.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Small forwards typically are inconsistent unless they're the type that get possessions high up the ground. If they aren't consistent chances are they're elite. Dickson's great but not elite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Small forwards typically are inconsistent unless they're the type that get possessions high up the ground. If they aren't consistent chances are they're elite. Dickson's great but not elite
    Dicko definitely is at his best when our midfield is on top, and there is plenty of ball coming into his zone. His workrate at the start of the year was poor, and likely correlated to his limited pre-season. He showed in the finals series that his best is elite (his prelim opposed to Heath Shaw was fantastic).

50 goals, then 40 goals off no pre-season, is a fantastic return. He is definitely best 22 - nobody else makes the most of their opportunities like Dicko.

7. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    He had a great finals series buy I can see Dickson being pushed out of the forward line. Can be terribly inconsistent at times.
    Bar the Hawks game when he had the yips, I believe he performed in every other final.
    Most accurate kick in the side for goal, I can't see him being omitted.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Horror year for goal kicking for Dicko!! His 40.17 didn't stack up at all to his 50.12 the previous season!

10. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Horror year for goal kicking for Dicko!! His 40.17 didn't stack up at all to his 50.12 the previous season!
    That Hawks final...

Post Thanks / Like

Cloke, Boyd, Crameri, Smith, Stringer, Dickson.

Dunkley and Cordy to drop out of our forward line from the GF.

Could have a season where 5 players kick 30+

Post Thanks / Like

hahaha a friend said that to me during the Hawks final, "Im just not confident with his kicking anymore". I quickly looked up his stats, something like 32.12, "nah still pretty awesome"

Post Thanks / Like

The AFL has had a go:

B: Shane Biggs, Marcus Adams, Dale Morris
    HB: Jason Johannisen, Easton Wood, Robert Murphy
    C: Liam Picken, Tom Liberatore, Jack Macrae
    HF: Jake Stringer, Tom Boyd, Stewart Crameri
    F: Luke Dahlhaus, Travis Cloke, Tory Dickson
    R: Jordan Roughead, Marcus Bontempelli, Lachie Hunter
    INT: Caleb Daniel, Matthew Boyd, Clay Smith, Matt Suckling
    EMERG: Josh Dunkley, Bailey Williams, Toby McLean
    Murphy (knee) and Crameri (suspension) are automatic inclusions, while Cloke will help the forward line structurally and can give a chop-out in the ruck. Impressive youngsters Dunkley, McLean and Zaine Cordy are premiership players, but a strong list sees them just miss out. After a promising debut season was cut short by injury, Adams replaces Fletcher Roberts in the key defensive post. Expect rising midfielders Williams, Bailey Dale and Lukas Webb to be vying for spots early in the season.
    NOT CONSIDERED: Jack Redpath (knee – won't return until late in the season), Mitch Wallis (broken leg – will battle to return to his best next season) - Ryan Davidson

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    That Hawks final...
    More than made up for it by murking Heath Shaw in the next game.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Dicko is the 3rd most accurate goalkicker in AFL/VFL history since accurate records have been kept (1965).

http://afltables.com/afl/stats/accuracy.html
    Last edited by LostDoggy; 25-10-2016 at 11:37 AM. Reason: correct link

17. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Giansiraccuser View Post
    Dicko is the 3rd most accurate goalkicker in AFL/VFL history since accurate records have been kept (1965).

http://afltables.com/afl/stats/accuracy.html
    No.1 of all time for players having 100 shots or more.

19. Likes N/A liked this post