Thanks Thanks:  30
Likes Likes:  195
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Tom Boyd

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tom Boyd

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I realised listening to the commentary yesterday, I've been mistakenly taking the words against Boyd as harsh. Carey, Brereton and the Fox Footy team keep saying how unacceptable it is dropping marks. But when McCartin kept dropping much easier marks yesterday, the FF commentary team were saying that it's not that bad McCartin dropping marks because 'at least he was getting to where the ball was, even if dropping marks. That's better than not being involved at all'.

So all the commentators must have been actually lauding Boyd for getting involved and into spots where the ball was going to be kicked, and I've mistaken it as criticism. There's no way they'd be hypocritical over two #1 pick KPFs development years/games.
    The million dollar salary comes at a price. Jealous pricks having a pot shot at every opportunity.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    The million dollar salary comes at a price. Jealous pricks having a pot shot at every opportunity.
    Based on yesterday, McCartin won't be having that problem anytime soon.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Based on yesterday, McCartin won't be having that problem anytime soon.
    McCartin took 9 marks as the no.1 forward yesterday. He'll be a serious player.

4. Likes strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    McCartin took 9 marks as the no.1 forward yesterday. He'll be a serious player.
    and he could have had more marks, but his team mates delivery was poor at times.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    and he could have had more marks, but his team mates delivery was poor at times.
    He dropped a heap too. It's interesting how the drop marks of Paddy are good, but Tom's are bad.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

McCartin got on the end of a few in junk time in the last quarter. He'll be a good player but they still made a big error picking him over Petracca.

The story apparently goes that they were spooked into picking the big forward due to the market price we created with the Boyd deal (ie it's cheaper to draft one now, than buy one later). The irony is their midfield is such a weakness, they're now putting up million dollar deals to players like Fyfe/Kelly/Martin.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

8. Likes Twodogs, Templeton31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He needs to come up at the footy more around the ground and forward which will enable his natural leap and massive frame to work to his advantage. I think with Roughead in the side it will not only allow him to spend more time forward but also give him more of a breather which should help with this. Currently he is waiting for the ball to come and generally gets pushed under the ball/ out muscled by his opponent. His core should improve with age.

In saying that I'm really enjoying his improvement as a footballer, his game sense when the ball is on the ground is fantastic for a big man and his effort has been really consistent this year. I was watching him in the warm up yesterday and he was absolutely focused on the job at hand which gives you faith that his game will eventually come together.

Ill take Boyd over fatty patty, a Ruck/Forward is absolute gold if you can find one.

10. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not close to his best yesterday but an OK day capped off nicely with the goal in the last.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Not close to his best yesterday but an OK day capped off nicely with the goal in the last.
    Showed good hands in traffic a few times too yesterday which is somethings that he's been better at as time goes on

Post Thanks / Like

With Roughy back, keep an eye on young Tom. Just sayin'
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    He needs to come up at the footy more around the ground and forward which will enable his natural leap and massive frame to work to his advantage. I think with Roughead in the side it will not only allow him to spend more time forward but also give him more of a breather which should help with this. Currently he is waiting for the ball to come and generally gets pushed under the ball/ out muscled by his opponent. His core should improve with age.

In saying that I'm really enjoying his improvement as a footballer, his game sense when the ball is on the ground is fantastic for a big man and his effort has been really consistent this year. I was watching him in the warm up yesterday and he was absolutely focused on the job at hand which gives you faith that his game will eventually come together.

Ill take Boyd over fatty patty, a Ruck/Forward is absolute gold if you can find one.
    Yeah...he's pretty good when he gets his hands on the ball at ground level but there are times when he is a little slow to dispose of the ball. His recovery is also poor when he spills a mark. Definitely on an upward curve overall though.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

His ability to pick up the ball and get it out of traffic for such a big man is fantastic.

Unfortunately the youtube time shortcut doesnt work so fast forward to 1 minute 47 seconds (or enjoy the full 8 minutes)

16. Thanks bornadog, Templeton31 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    The irony is their midfield is such a weakness, they're now putting up million dollar deals to players like Fyfe/Kelly/Martin.
    If only they were able to get their hands on players like Bont and Petracca, oh wait
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

18. Likes ratsmac, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Boyd will be a better player with Roughy's return. Hasn't really recaptured his outstanding last year's Prelim and GF breakout games.

20. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

All this Tom Hawkin's love BS on Ch7.

Tom Hawkin's was adjudged to have his coming out party to establish himself as a genuine KPF talent on GF 2011. His 79th game.

Tom Boyd has ticked up 48 games thus far. So he's got 31 games up his sleeve on Hawkins, or around the GF next year to be a consistent KPF with ruck as an extra string to his bow.
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 02-06-2017 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Tie Poh