Thanks Thanks:  30
Likes Likes:  195
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Boyd

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tom Boyd

I want to see that a lot next year.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I want to see that a lot next year.
    Ok enjoy this again:

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

3. Likes Mofra, Templeton31, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh ho hoe!
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Have a listen to JMac's interview on trade radio last week with Damian Barrett.

Damo talks about how he (JMac) must be satisfied/vindicated with the decision to recruit Tom given his GF game and all the articles written questioning our acquiring of Big Tom. JMac answers and DB goes to move on to the next question but JMac interrupts him and says something like "I think you wrote a few of those articles Damian didn't you????" Its gold.

6. Likes N/A, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Ok enjoy this again:

I'll never not enjoy that. The most glorious 30 seconds of football in our history.
    "It's over. It's all over."

8. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Likes Rocket Science liked this post
    mattempo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    At 21 and with less than 40 games under his belt his tank will only get better.
    I think it's worth noting that GWS mismanaged him into a big, slow lump. Last year he continually lost his feet and could not produce second efforts through lack of speed and fatigue. Through his designation as a ruck/forward, he has become extremely mobile and can now impact repeated contests. Another full preseason with us and shoulder surgery to fix a long standing injury, he will be consistently good throughout individual matches and across the season.

10. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattempo View Post
    I think it's worth noting that GWS mismanaged him into a big, slow lump. Last year he continually lost his feet and could not produce second efforts through lack of speed and fatigue. Through his designation as a ruck/forward, he has become extremely mobile and can now impact repeated contests. Another full preseason with us and shoulder surgery to fix a long standing injury, he will be consistently good throughout individual matches and across the season.
    Yep they told him he was playing full forward and made him put on 10 kilo, first thing he was told when he got to our club was " you need to lose weight "
    At 19 years old he has been all over the shop with his body weight due to them and us , now he is coming out of that disaster and starting to be what he is capable of.
    It will only get better

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Ok enjoy this again:

Actually I've just noticed that at the 12-13 second mark of that clip, just after Morris spoils Buddy he pulls up in that cramp/hobble that he's spoken about. Then when he sees Buddy about to get loose he just takes off again.

What a hero and a wonder he is. If I get a cramp I'm down for at least a minute.
    "It's over. It's all over."

13. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    I think there is a difference between being a sceptic and calling him a spud, a failure, the worst trade in history, a waste of money.
    One of the player sponsors on our Sponsors night said the old 'Mark my words he won't make it' statement. I'd suggest that when I remind him of that he will have a bout of amnesia.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

15. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    One of the player sponsors on our Sponsors night said the old 'Mark my words he won't make it' statement. I'd suggest that when I remind him of that he will have a bout of amnesia.
    I find our people giving him a hard time really frustrating. Especially since these experts have probably formed their view on a very small window. Hopefully doing what he did on Grand Final day in game 38 is enough to shut some 'supporters' up.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

17. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Nothing like a "told you so " after a " mark my words" statement

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I find our people giving him a hard time really frustrating. Especially since these experts have probably formed their view on a very small window. Hopefully doing what he did on Grand Final day in game 38 is enough to shut some 'supporters' up.
    He was best on in a Grand Final. For me I don't care if he ever perfroms in another game ever again.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

20. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    He was best on in a Grand Final. For me I don't care if he ever perfroms in another game ever again.
    I think I'm up to repeat number 8 of watching the whole game. I get that JJ had over 800m gained, but 250-300 of those metres were direct turnovers. I just can't understand how he wasn't Normie.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Was it Roughie who said halfway through the fourth he started calling Boyd Norm?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

23. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The goal he missed would have sealed the norm I rekon

25. Likes chef, Raw Toast liked this post