Thanks Thanks:  30
Likes Likes:  195
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Tom Boyd

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tom Boyd

Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post
    Just on that, have 100,000 people ever watched a ball bounce, and will it to go over the line (or the other way) as much as this one time? It seemed to take an eternity! And i thought it was gonna bounce back.
    I was behind the goals that end, on the next level up from the cheer squad and everyone stood up. That shot was not long after JJ's disallowed goal and I thought please not another one that is not a goal.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Just on that, have 100,000 people ever watched a ball bounce, and will it to go over the line (or the other way) as much as this one time? It seemed to take an eternity! And i thought it was gonna bounce back.
    Not for a second. This was kismet and I knew it was going through.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Milne's off spinner v Collingwood 2010
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I was behind the goals that end, on the next level up from the cheer squad and everyone stood up. That shot was not long after JJ's disallowed goal and I thought please not another one that is not a goal.
    I was at the opposite end in the forward pocket, ground level. I was lucky, from my view point it looked like it bounced through no problems so I was going nuts before anyone. That was the best feeling.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

I was on the wing on the bottom level so had a side profile. My immediate thoughts were it had pulled up a bit and I was worried, but there was a lot of force behind the kick and my apprehension turned to elation very quickly. Seeing that stand erupt from ground level was a site that will stay with me forever.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I was on the wing on the bottom level so had a side profile. My immediate thoughts were it had pulled up a bit and I was worried, but there was a lot of force behind the kick and my apprehension turned to elation very quickly. Seeing that stand erupt from ground level was a site that will stay with me forever.
    I felt Channel 7 stuffed up with that piece of play. Watching the replay they didn't really get the full picture of Tom's big kick. The camera was still on Buddy and Morris, when Boyd pounced and went for it.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I was at the opposite end in the forward pocket, ground level. I was lucky, from my view point it looked like it bounced through no problems so I was going nuts before anyone. That was the best feeling.

You just have been near us because that's the vantage we had too.

I felt Channel 7 stuffed up with that piece of play. Watching the replay they didn't really get the full picture of Tom's big kick. The camera was still on Buddy and Morris, when Boyd pounced and went for it.
    I will never forget that breath we all took as the ball stood on its end trying to make up it's mind whether it was going to go through or not. When it did it go through for a goal was the second greatest moment of my life.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

8. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    You just have been near us because that's the vantage we had too.

I will never forget that breath we all took as the ball stood on its end trying to make up it's mind whether it was going to go through or not. When it did it go through for a goal was the second greatest moment of my life.
    Directly behind the birth of your child yeah rather than the final siren?

It's a toss up for me, nah I'll take the final siren (my son would want it that way).
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

I would've been just above you BAD (Level 2A) and the ball did seem to bounce right up, which delayed celebrations. Once we realised it was a goal, my brother almost broke my sunnies hanging from my t-shirt with a bear hug from behind as I sorta stumbled across him.

The roar of his point a minute later just before the ball went past the post was also damn loud. If that had gone in....
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I was already on the hugging strangers trip as soon as the ball landed in the square.

Post Thanks / Like

I was on level 2, just centre side of the 50 meter line the end that goal was kicked to. Decent spot.... and I can't hardly remember a thing.

I was a total nervous wreck most of the game and was sitting amongst a bunch of, largely Sydney supporting, corporates.

Still hugged them though.

13. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I too was right behind the goals in the top level at the front. When the ball sat up a bit I think everyone in my area held their breath. When it was through it was mayhem. I wish I could go back in time and live that moment again.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Directly behind the birth of your child yeah rather than the final siren?

It's a toss up for me, nah I'll take the final siren (my son would want it that way).

Nah. Final siren I'm afraid. I've really struggled with this and while I won't ever feel that feeling of total love I felt when I first held my kids, the pure adrenaline fuelled excitement and complete euphoria from when the kid in front of us said there was 98 seconds left and we realised we were ICING THE CLOCK IN A GRAND FINAL!!! and putting the full stop on the greatest month of football any of us will ever see until after the presentations was better.

That was insane.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

16. Thanks AndrewP6 thanked for this post
    Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey everyone, it's October 15. Happy Tom Boyd day to all of you and your families.

18. Thanks Twodogs, 1eyedog, N/A thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    Hey everyone, it's October 15. Happy Tom Boyd day to all of you and your families.
    How apt would it be if JMac pulled out a big, audacious move on Tom Boyd day.