Thanks Thanks:  30
Likes Likes:  195
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Boyd

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tom Boyd

Always knew he would make a huge difference to our forward line, and has been building for some time.
    The way he moves, and thinks, the footy brain is the hardest thing to get in a player.
    So happy for the young guy.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Worth every single cent. He had everything you needed in a Grand Final.

1) Harness at the contest. Threw around his 100kg frame into everything!

2) Took big contested marks. Allowed us to go long down the line when we had to and presented a big target. Took some super contested marks but importantly always created a contest.

3) Kicked goals. Seized his chance.

Tom Boyd you are a Western Bulldogs Premiership player!

p.s. the selfie I got with you on the boundary line I will cherish for the rest of my living days

Oh you lucky bastard-well done good score. I got a piece of confetti, a white rose I gave to a tram employee and lots of huga from strangers.

My son spotted me on the telecast so that's something.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dog House View Post
    And he's only 20 years old

Imagine what he'll do in 5 years time
    21 now, in August.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Tom Boyd - you spiked their canons on the most important day of the year. A bravura performance. Where are the doubters now? They've slunk back into the alleys and doorways, averting their pinched, jaundiced features from the harsh glare of condemnation that comes from the Bulldog faithful. Go Dogs!
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

5. Likes Dancin' Douggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Have to be honest and admit that when Tom dropped that chest mark in the opening minutes of the game I groaned pretty loudly and thought it might be one of those days that he can sometimes have where he gets into good positions, gets his hands to the ball but they just don't stick.

Not sure I've seen a stickier set of hands than Tom after quarter time though. His confidence grew and grew and it was felt by everyone, shown by us going long to him in several critical occasions. His goal after Morris' tackle also gave me the confidence to finally believe we were going to win and put aside all the "they can still snatch it away" thoughts I'd had. Thank you Tom.

7. Likes chef, strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Still can't get over his game yesterday.

Winning was sweet enough, it put to bed 1954, 62 years, 1 flag etc.

But for Tommy to slay it and jam it up every hater's ***** was the ultimate icing on the cake. No more $1M jibes, no more shit canning.

This game has made our club and its supporters effectively bulletproof.

9. Likes chef, N/A, josie, merantau, strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone notice in the presser Bevo was quite emotional when talking about Boydy and the media laying into him.

Why don't they mention the contract of that bum who wore number 8 for the Swannies yesterday?

11. Likes N/A, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Anyone notice in the presser Bevo was quite emotional when talking about Boydy and the media laying into him.

Why don't they mention the contract of that bum who wore number 8 for the Swannies yesterday?
    Matty Boyd was quite defensive too on game day today.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

It was so brilliant for it to all come together for Tom in the biggest game of his life.

Even though I had money on JJ for the Norm, I found myself barracking against my pocket - that it would be Boydy to get the medal - it would have been such a great story!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    Have to be honest and admit that when Tom dropped that chest mark in the opening minutes of the game I groaned pretty loudly and thought it might be one of those days that he can sometimes have where he gets into good positions, gets his hands to the ball but they just don't stick.

Not sure I've seen a stickier set of hands than Tom after quarter time though. His confidence grew and grew and it was felt by everyone, shown by us going long to him in several critical occasions. His goal after Morris' tackle also gave me the confidence to finally believe we were going to win and put aside all the "they can still snatch it away" thoughts I'd had. Thank you Tom.
    That goal was just after JJ's goal was overturned too. It showed we weren't going to lose our rag over tgat decision and we're still absolutely focused.

It was pretty good skills beneath the knees for such a big guy like Tom to gather the tumbling ball and straighten to get his shot away.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

15. Likes strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Early in the season, he took a huge mark across the face of a pack, running hard. Who was it against? I forget, but when I saw that I thought, shizer, we have a great one here.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Early in the season, he took a huge mark across the face of a pack, running hard. Who was it against? I forget, but when I saw that I thought, shizer, we have a great one here.
    Collingwood I think
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post

The presser is an absolute cracker. You're right, Bevo goes into bat for Tom in a big way. I laughed out loud when Bevo thinks he is quoting famous poem "Desiderata", and PG corrects him and says it is "If, by Rudyard Kipling"!! Bevo notes how good it is when you muck up and you're put back on the straight and narrow! Hilarious stuff. Funny too to hear Bevo note that Kipling "had a couple of other good ones"
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Any argument, ever again, in the future, about how we over paid for Tom Boyd are null and void. Worth every bloody cent. Won us a flag.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Collingwood I think
    Nab Cup game
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.