Thanks Thanks:  30
Likes Likes:  195
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Boyd

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tom Boyd

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    What a stage to choose to produce the best game to date of your career.

Barrett must have felt sick in his stomach waking up today knowing he has no more platform to continue his anti Boyd deal campaign.
    Barrett admitted on the Sunday Footy show that the return on investment for Tom was worth it as we have the premiership.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Thanks hujsh thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Incredible. He is so frustrating because so often he looks bereft of confidence and struggles to do the simple things. I've been saying all year that I just wish he would give us glimpses of why he was a number 1 pick on a consistent basis, he tends to play so many games where he does nothing particularly influential or impressive that can't just be put down to work ethic.

This game he was transformed. There was one kick out in the last where Boyd came streaming off the bench and sprinted the whole way calling for it with his arm in the air and launched himself for the pack mark. It was every bit as impressive as his last epic goal.

Really hope he comes out next season with the same confidence, because we have never witnessed a beast like we saw Saturday for the Bulldogs.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

I was so happy for Tom. There were great stories all over the ground.. Clay and his comeback, Boydy and Morris, Dunkley first year, The father sons.

But I was more delighted for big Tommy Boyd. I was so hoping his name was called for Norm Smith.

Has copped it so much for something completely out of his control.

What a match he played. Noone can say anything ever again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Barrett admitted on the Sunday Footy show that the return on investment for Tom was worth it as we have the premiership.
    Was there a gun to his head?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaytee View Post
    There were great stories all over the ground.. Clay and his comeback.
    Oh boy my heart broke momentarily when Buddy sidestepped him in the fourth and Clay slipped and went down awkwardly. He looked in trouble.

6. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Funny to think back to the first quarter - where Tommy had his weekly quota of a dropped chest mark - when Bont sizzled a pass to him.

He certainly didn't let that define his day! 6 contested marks....fair dinkum!

His three big marks in the third quarter were really telling. The Swans could see that he was up and going - whereas their big men weren't taking any big marks.

Post Thanks / Like

The moment I thought, we will win this.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

9. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

BT drops the F Bomb!!!!

Hilarious, like a fan!
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    BT drops the F Bomb!!!!

Hilarious, like a fan!
    I'm in tears. Brian Taylor: Boyd kicks a goal. Boyd kicks a goal. From inside the centre square. FU*K!!
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

12. Likes Dry Rot, Rocket Science, ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm in tears. Boyd kicks a goal. Boyd kicks a goal. From inside the centre square. FU*K!
    It was a monster.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    It was a monster.
    One for the ages.

Post Thanks / Like

One for the ages.
    I was sitting on level 2 behind the goals and when he kicked that and it just bounced through, everyone was on their feet to see if it was also going to be touched.

Post Thanks / Like

One for the ages.
    I love that in a game that will resonate forever in the history of our club, it was a singular moment that captured everything you'd need to know about us.

The battling warrior who's bled for the team summons up another herculean last gasp effort to bring down arguably the best player in the game.

Then the ball spills to the kid that the club took a huge gamble on, risking reputation and ridicule for it, who smashes an absolutely monstrous goal to propel us into a new era.

In a club full of legends without success and more moments full of heartbreak than victory, we finally get our time in the sun.

Stirring, stirring stuff. I'll never forget it.

Post Thanks / Like

Two big men stood out, and up.

It wasn't Tippett and Franklin.

One was Boyd who deserved the Norm Smith, and the other was Grundy who I thought had a great game.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Two big men stood out, and up.

It wasn't Tippett and Franklin.

One was Boyd who deserved the Norm Smith, and the other was Grundy who I thought had a great game.
    Both fair calls, although Roughead and Hamling were both also very, very good.

Post Thanks / Like

BT drops the F Bomb!!!!

Hilarious, like a fan!
    I reckon it was Darcy that dropped the F-bomb coming over the top. Either way, gold.