Thanks Thanks:  30
Likes Likes:  195
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Boyd

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tom Boyd

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I really can't see them changing Boyd's role that much. I'm embarrassed to say I've been very critical of not having him play more forward this year but the combination of 2 guys like Roughy and Boyd splitting time ruck and forward has turned out to be a nice weapon to have.
    Same here. But wow his tank has significantly improved. He has just been everywhere in all of our finals games. Massive advantage.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Boyd is a ruck/forward for mine. He is a monster around the ground and would be wasted/stifled as a permanent forward. He needs to be able to roam.

Another reason we need Cloke.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Yeah, Boyd is a ruck/forward for mine. He is a monster around the ground and would be wasted/stifled as a permanent forward. He needs to be able to roam.

Another reason we need Cloke.
    If he takes 6 contested marks in the forward 50 and generates other avenues to have shots with a goal kicking accuracy over 70%, I think I could live with 3-5 goals a game.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

4. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    If he takes 6 contested marks in the forward 50 and generates other avenues to have shots with a goal kicking accuracy over 70%, I think I could live with 3-5 goals a game.
    He can kick 3-5 playing in the ruck
    The curse is dead.

6. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great to have not one but 2 contested marking beasts around the ground. When did we last have that? (defenders don't count)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Great to have not one but 2 contested marking beasts around the ground. When did we last have that? (defenders don't count)
    Wynd and Grant = long time.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

9. Likes strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A number of times in the second half I said words to the effect of "That's Tom Boyd, that's Tom Boyd again!".

A great story of resilience, champion.

11. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marcov View Post
    A number of times in the second half I said words to the effect of "That's Tom Boyd, that's Tom Boyd again!".

A great story of resilience, champion.
    Absolutely.

Force feeding Barrett into accepting the trade was a winner and his contract/money was worth it is nice. But the venom he and Matthews generated towards him (read from the Quayle article) can't be undone. If they had any decency they'd come up to apologise for the hate they created and that Tom may have his entire career. I like that JMac reminded Barrett of it on trade radio today. If our supporters can't stick up for him than he's in trouble. I had family in different parts of the MCG and one of them said blokes decked out in RW&B were giving it to him right up until his first goal. He shouldn't need to stick it up our own, and hope with his brilliant performance he won't ever have to again.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

13. Likes N/A, chef, strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely.

Force feeding Barrett into accepting the trade was a winner and his contract/money was worth it is nice. But the venom he and Matthews generated towards him (read from the Quayle article) can't be undone..
    Sorry mate which article is this?

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely.

Force feeding Barrett into accepting the trade was a winner and his contract/money was worth it is nice. But the venom he and Matthews generated towards him (read from the Quayle article) can't be undone. If they had any decency they'd come up to apologise for the hate they created and that Tom may have his entire career. I like that JMac reminded Barrett of it on trade radio today. If our supporters can't stick up for him than he's in trouble. I had family in different parts of the MCG and one of them said blokes decked out in RW&B were giving it to him right up until his first goal. He shouldn't need to stick it up our own, and hope with his brilliant performance he won't ever have to again.
    Probably some of those fans we seem to have obtained lately

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely.

It sure was heartwarming seeing him take those contested grabs in the third qtr, by that long goal in the last I was filled with pride and so happy for the young man, countless times Ive gone into bat for him this season. With a few minutes to go I was thinking Norm Smith, just after the game I thought maybe I had rose coloured glasses but watching the replay no way, he was right up there. Bevo as mentioned, going in to bat for him after the game was justifiably and rightly ferocious, what a coach.

17. Likes bulldogtragic, strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Sorry mate which article is this?
    It was posted up on woof last week. I think it's in the Dogs Day board. He mentioned he put up support for a mental illness initiative and even copped abuse for that. He basicly can't do anything on social media without getting abuse, and talked about the toll of everything in the papers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Probably some of those fans we seem to have obtained lately
    Then they can *!*!*!*! right back to the cracks they crawled out of.

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely.

Not real supporters then. Always loved Tom, always stood up for him, had a bromance on him as soon as he stepped foot in the club.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely.

I was kinda hoping Matty Boyd would've reminded Leigh Matthews on Game Day on Sunday morning of the awesome work he's done at Brisbane in the last few years as their pseudo president and final decision-maker on their last 2 coaches. This arsehole openly wished that Tom Boyd did not have a successful career - what a lowlife scumbag. Cretins like Barrett are just clueless scribes who change with the wind but what Matthews said is as disgusting as it gets IMO.