Thanks Thanks:  30
Likes Likes:  195
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Boyd

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tom Boyd

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    I was kinda hoping Matty Boyd would've reminded Leigh Matthews on Game Day on Sunday morning of the awesome work he's done at Brisbane in the last few years as their pseudo president and final decision-maker on their last 2 coaches. This arsehole openly wished that Tom Boyd did not have a successful career - what a lowlife scumbag. Cretins like Barrett are just clueless scribes who change with the wind but what Matthews said is as disgusting as it gets IMO.
    I was stoked that Matthews had to give the medal to Bevo. To face all the mistakes he's made (overlooking good coaches like Simpson & Bevo for his boys) and see the elation of Boyd and the others. I find myself disgusted in him and with a trail of shithouse footy decisions since retiring as coach, I have no idea why Ch7 put him on a pedestal as some footy genius.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marcov View Post
    A number of times in the second half I said words to the effect of "That's Tom Boyd, that's Tom Boyd again!".

A great story of resilience, champion.
    Me too. Tom Boyd again. Tom Boyd again. It was mesmerising, astonishing and heart-warming at the same time.

With two massive finals performances he's turned CamHead into our plan B.

He's officially a ruckman who can go forward and do damage.

Kurt Tippett is now a poor man's Tom Boyd.

4. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely worth it now. T Boyd has taken a massive step.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Absolutely worth it now. T Boyd has taken a massive step.
    Haha, I was stirring up everyone around me at the GF by calling him "Value" from about halfway through the first quarter onwards.
    Nostradamus
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

7. Likes strebla, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Haha, I was stirring up everyone around me at the GF by calling him "Value" from about halfway through the first quarter onwards.
    Nostradamus
    That's great...now please change your signature!!!!
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I was stoked that Matthews had to give the medal to Bevo. To face all the mistakes he's made (overlooking good coaches like Simpson & Bevo for his boys) and see the elation of Boyd and the others. I find myself disgusted in him and with a trail of shithouse footy decisions since retiring as coach, I have no idea why Ch7 put him on a pedestal as some footy genius.
    To be fair, it's not hard to look like a genius when you are surrounded by a-grade morons like Ling and Zempilas

Post Thanks / Like

Ch7 have a thing for adulterers. It's their niche.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

11. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Travis Cloke wants to work with Tom Boyd at Western Bulldogs

The opportunity to work with and mentor Tom Boyd is one of the main reasons out-of-favour Collingwood forward Travis Cloke wants to join the Western Bulldogs.

Click above for full story
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

13. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Travis Cloke wants to work with Tom Boyd at Western Bulldogs

The opportunity to work with and mentor Tom Boyd is one of the main reasons out-of-favour Collingwood forward Travis Cloke wants to join the Western Bulldogs.

Click above for full story
    That's what we all needed to hear. He's coming for his footy and to enjoy the game again. Wants to be around Bevo and wants to work with and help our boys and club. That's so refreshing. Very rare to hear that in these days of players leaving for even modestly more money.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I took a few brief moments n my euphoric state to BOO the prick, "get him off, piss off Matthews" etc and was hoping he would do a Frank Lowy at the A League grand final and fall off the dais. Will never forgive him for those malicious comments.

16. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    I took a few brief moments n my euphoric state to BOO the prick, "get him off, piss off Matthews" etc and was hoping he would do a Frank Lowy at the A League grand final and fall off the dais. Will never forgive him for those malicious comments.
    I gave a yell of 'what do you think of Tom Boyd now you flog'. He pretended like he couldn't hear me out there in the middle.

18. Likes SonofScray, Topdog, craigsahibee liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How awkward would this have been if it came to fruition......

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...a72b3806cb2074
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    How awkward would this have been if it came to fruition......

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...a72b3806cb2074
    The Hun should do a follow up on this story...

Post Thanks / Like

Has everyone seen and heard this? BT at his absolute best
    https://www.facebook.com/DexterTan76...54173914668952

22. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Every week of the finals Matthews not only tipped against us, but in a superior, dismissive tone, with no respect. I've developed a healthy dose of loathing for him and LOVED that he had to present the medal, though it would have been even better if he were forced to wear an "I WAS WRONG ABOUT THE WESTERN BULLDOGS' sandwich board
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

24. Likes Throughandthrough, Twodogs, KT31 liked this post