Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Eastdogs Season 2017 Bankers & Anchors (& banchors)

Thanks for doing these all year Eastie, and TwoDogs with 'The 3 Things' threads. Easty i know how much you love the Banchor category too, so we can slot one in. So as per Eastdog's rules, 3 banchors (only three, it's meant to be hard), one Banchor (only 1 it's meant to be hard), 3 anchors (only three, it's meant to be hard).
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Eastdogs Season 2017 Bankers & Anchors (& banchors)

I love Banchors. I explained the whole concept to my wife to tell her how I feel about the reverse parking sensor in my car, it gets annoying beeping at me in the garage but it saves my bacon too

Bankers
    3rd year players coming on - Dale & McLean
    Macrae going to another level, showing drive & competitiveness
    Getting a team in the AFLW

Banchors
    Matthew Suckling with some of the best plays and biggest howlers of the year

Anchors
    Injuries
    Lack of intensity
    Forward 50 entries
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Banker

Simon Dalrymple - drafted a lot of mid talls and talls. English, Lipinski & Young all debuted and showed great glimpse of our future.
    Kids who took their chances - Cordy, Dale & McLean all now regular senior players.
    48,000 members and hopefully the eradication of debt

Banchor

Bevo - oversaw a team that narrowly missed finals. But the ruck nonsense that went fior a good chunk of the season and seemingly inability to deal with the opposition attack on our game plan.

Anchor

MRP - Toby Greene should've been rubbed out before playing and knocking Daniel's teeth out. Cloke was smashed in a vulnerable position after disposal, nothing. Greene kicks Dahl in the face, nothing. Tex Walker puts JJ into the goal post without the ball being near, nothing. Easton Wood gets sighted for bugger all. Redpath gets 3 for a push. And so on.
    Assistant Coch shuffle - Backfired.
    Players that seemed to go backwards - far too many to mention.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers

Macrae's consistency - watch closely, he regularly takes hits then delivers to a free player by hand. Great teammate.
    The rise of McLean, Dale and Zordy.
    Young - youngest player on an AFL list, plays as a KPD as a 19 year old. A lot to learn but it's an achievement.

Banchor

Matty Boyd. Dropped form after his pre-season hit, but didn't quit - just helped out as best he could at VFL level then makes AFL team of the week in the last round.

Anchors

The coaching changes - clearly didn't work
    Stringer - when does a form "dip" become permanent?
    Libba - no where near the hunger he had last year
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Young - youngest player on an AFL list, plays as a KPD as a 18 year old. A lot to learn but it's an achievement.
    Edited for accuracy, turns 19 in December
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.