Thanks Thanks:  56
Likes Likes:  224
Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Membership 2017 - Target 50,000

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'm not too fussed with what is happening with other Melbourne based clubs because all clubs have their own challenges.
    After our breakout season if we can establish ourselves as a strong finals entrenched club over the next few seasons our membership numbers will stay at a healthy level and even grow stronger.
    I'm very hopeful that a new stadium deal won't make us as dependent on growing our membership base each year.

Nothing succeeds like success. The next few years are so important in the future of the Western Bulldogs. We have a huge opportunity to set up the club we have always wanted to have. Strong, confident, rich and arrogant!
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

2. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Based on anecdotal evidence, we are winning the hearts of the children in Ballarat. At least a few of my son's kinder friends have become Dogs fans post-premiership.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

4. Likes KT31, bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Based on anecdotal evidence, we are winning the hearts of the children in Ballarat. At least a few of my son's kinder friends have become Dogs fans post-premiership.
    The players were up in Ballarat today.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    And if our lives are anything to by, after a decent run, a lifetime of heart breaking misery awaits them. Enjoy it kids!
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    And if our lives are anything to by, after a decent run, a lifetime of heart breaking misery awaits them. Enjoy it kids!

It's character building.

Apparantly. I must say that I didn't find having my heart torn out and smashed over my head numerous times in September built that much character. It made last year the party to end all parties though. So it builds party power.

8. Likes bulldogtragic, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    That's fine. Even after all Richmond have been through I still have friends who are surviving off the back of 1980. This premiership will do me to the end of days.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    That's fine. Even after all Richmond have been through I still have friends who are surviving off the back of 1980. This premiership will do me to the end of days.
    I thought I would be saying the same but now find myself wanting more again this year. Greedy - maybe - but I think I deserve it after the years of pain! I only hope the players feel the same way and are ready to back up and defend the title in 2017!

11. Likes bornadog, bulldogtragic, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Nup.

Don't forget those Richmond supporters had gorged themselves on 4 more flags in the 13 years before that. I want to gorge myself on premierships.

Post Thanks / Like

I wanna be able to point at a photo and say stuff like "that's the 2021 premiership team. Bontempelli actually captained and coached that premiership himself while Bevo took a year off to sort out the Middle East and achieve world peace before coming back and coaching us to the next 5 flags to make it ten in a row"

Post Thanks / Like

Sounding like supporters of a big club now...
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

15. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am expecting a sustained run of success beginning with another flag this year. There is no reason why it can't happen and every reason why it can. Our list is stronger, deeper, more experienced; we have a special coach who has welded a commited team of staff around him and we have just achieved what, at the beginning of September 2016, was considered to be impossible.
    If we have a decent run with injuries there is no reason to doubt that we can do it again. I believe the top 4 will be us, Sydney, the rayon/nylon/faux fur/polyester synthetics and Adelaide. We can handle them. Go Dogs!
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

17. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What about the absence of Brett Montomery out of the coaching box this year? How will that effect us I wonder? From what I've heard he was Bad Cop to Bevo's Good Cop a lot of the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Nup.

Don't forget those Richmond supporters had gorged themselves on 4 more flags in the 13 years before that. I want to gorge myself on premierships.
    I once read a quote by Ron Barrasi saying that the night of either the 1957 or the 1960 premiership he was home by 8.30. I want to win enoug flags and get that blasé.

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly I think 50k is a certainty. We should get a heap in our first game vs Collingwood.

Post Thanks / Like

Any idea where to get the updated tally from the club? I tried a Google search but can't find our current tally.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023