Thanks Thanks:  56
Likes Likes:  224
Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Membership 2017 - Target 50,000

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Any idea where to get the updated tally from the club? I tried a Google search but can't find our current tally.
    No I rang the club last week for something unrelated and asked them our tally and they provided the estimate I posted up. 50k would be amazing but how do we sustain that if we don't play in the Granny this year?
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    No I rang the club last week for something unrelated and asked them our tally and they provided the estimate I posted up. 50k would be amazing but how do we sustain that if we don't play in the Granny this year?
    Go steal a top line gun from another club to increase expectations again. Worked with Fevola, Buddy & Danger. Maybe landing Fyffe would sell some memberships off increased expectations.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Any idea where to get the updated tally from the club? I tried a Google search but can't find our current tally.
    Up until last year the tally was on the Club website. This year they have not posted it up. All the other clubs have theirs listed.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Up until last year the tally was on the Club website. This year they have not posted it up. All the other clubs have theirs listed.
    Ta. I wasted 10 minutes looking for it on the website, assuming I was missing it. It wouldn't hurt to have it public would it? Or are they going to do surprise announcements that necessitate secrecy? Seems weird...
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I still think it's bizarre how for years we have been scrounging to find new members and get lost dogs to sign back up again, but now after we win they want to be members again?....

I just don't understand the logic of now deciding to be a member after we win. I think it's that whole bandwagon hopper mentality that
    just reminds me of soulless clubs like Essendon and Hawthorn and their supporters.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    I still think it's bizarre how for years we have been scrounging to find new members and get lost dogs to sign back up again, but now after we win they want to be members again?....

I just don't understand the logic of now deciding to be a member after we win. I think it's that whole bandwagon hopper mentality that
    just reminds me of soulless clubs like Essendon and Hawthorn and their supporters.
    Every club has those and in droves - us included. I guess they missed out on the big dance. I know a fair few people who hadn't signed up over the past few years and missed out and are absolutely gutted. Some had been members for 10-20 years.

I guess for many 2010 was the last straw after a string of PF losses.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Ta. I wasted 10 minutes looking for it on the website, assuming I was missing it. It wouldn't hurt to have it public would it? Or are they going to do surprise announcements that necessitate secrecy? Seems weird...
    I think its because there is such a backlog this year, they can't provide an accurate figure at a given time.

8. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that is harsh to be honest. We are a club with a lot of poor supporters and some had been with the club for 20 years before dropping off. To be called a bandwagoner after witnessing 8 (or was it 7) prelim losses in 20 years doesnt sit right with me.

10. Likes ratsmac, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Every club has those and in droves - us included. I guess they missed out on the big dance. I know a fair few people who hadn't signed up over the past few years and missed out and are absolutely gutted. Some had been members for 10-20 years.

I guess for many 2010 was the last straw after a string of PF losses.
    We have a core group who sign up every year, but that core is only about 25,000, then the bandwagoners sign up depending on whether we win or not at the start of the season.

The core groups for big clubs are twice as many as ours.

Current Status of Vic big clubs

Richmond = 60k
    Dons = 54.7k
    Hawks 66k
    Pies - Can't find it but they will surely be over 60k

Surprisingly Carton is only 38k

We need to get to the 40k plus pre the first bounce

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Could it be seen as counter productive to this years membership drive to show we are well ahead of last year?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Richmond = 60k
    Only goes to prove you can fool some of the people all of the time.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

14. Likes ratsmac, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I know a lot of people that weren't members last season and because they struggled to get finals tickets joined early for this season.

If we get off to a strong start then 50K is a decent chance but I could see some people waiting to see how the first few rounds pan out before joining this year.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

We have a core group who sign up every year, but that core is only about 25,000, then the bandwagoners sign up depending on whether we win or not at the start of the season.

The core groups for big clubs are twice as many as ours.

Richmond = 60k
    Dons = 54.7k
    Hawks 66k
    Pies - Can't find it but they will surely be over 60k

Surprisingly Carton is only 38k

We need to get to the 40k plus pre the first bounce
    Seriously the Tigers at 60K, someone is diddling the books as they are laughable rabble.
    Not surprised at the Blues at 38K, if we had the same recent history we would be well under 20K.
    I am still a major advocate of the membership totals being a total of the monetary tally and not a number signed on base.base.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm astounded they didn't play tonight's game at punt road , Etihad was practically empty and if they have 60,000 genuine members that's a joke .. I think we get more turn up at our women's games.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I'm astounded they didn't play tonight's game at punt road , Etihad was practically empty and if they have 60,000 genuine members that's a joke .. I think we get more turn up at our women's games.
    It's only a practise match no one cares.