Thanks Thanks:  56
Likes Likes:  224
Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Membership 2017 - Target 50,000

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I always knew the 6x table numbers from working out how many balls were left in an innings from the overs left. And from goals in footy.
    Always footy goals for me. Also helped with other multiplications, e.g. 15 *8, well 15*6 = 90 so 105, 120.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Always footy goals for me. Also helped with other multiplications, e.g. 15 *8, well 15*6 = 90 so 105, 120.

Do you ever wonder why a goal is six points and not two or twelve or seven or some other number? What is it about six? Who made the decision? If it was a committee there must be minutes somewhere of the reasoning of why they chose six. If it was just some bloke then who knows? "How many points will a goal be now?" "Ummm, dunno. six?" "Oh yeah, OK. Why?" "No idea really. It's my favorite number?"
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

3. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I always knew the 6x table numbers from working out how many balls were left in an innings from the overs left. And from goals in footy.
    Yep I was KT with rolled up socks in my bedroom needing to kick it through my door for 6 points 6, 12, 18, 24... there were no points just play on.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Yep I was KT with rolled up socks in my bedroom needing to kick it through my door for 6 points 6, 12, 18, 24... there were no points just play on.
    I had a target on the back of bedroom door. And sometimes I stuck a shoebox to it. A shoebox was just big enough so that if I kicked the ball just right it got stuck in there. But I had to get everything just right. The Trajectory had to be perfect

Post Thanks / Like

I remember a few years back could have been last year I think that we had the membership counter on the club website but now doesn't seem to be there. Im assuming that the membership figures for certain clubs stated in recent previous posts on this thread include the 3 game membership and non-game interstate/overseas ones as well.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

This is off the AFL website August 2016 -
    I posted mainly to show the criteria to be counted as a club member (1/2 way down page).
    If it is outdated a little I apologise.

It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

8. Thanks bulldogtragic, Twodogs, GVGjr, Eastdog, bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So that's the definition of a member. $50>, contactable, name and receives a membership pack.

Post Thanks / Like

So that's the definition of a member. $50>, contactable, name and receives a membership pack.
    That fits the criteria for me

Thanks for that KT31.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

How many of Hawthorn supporter's pets have email addresses?
    WOOF Member 422

12. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post

Mybudgieloveshodgey@gmail.com

14. Likes KT31, bornadog, Topdog, Scraggers, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if its quite related, but not happy with the sticker for this years membership pack for the car. Why doesn't it have PREMIERS on it?????????

all those stupid flog hawthorn ones over the years has, why doesnt ours?

Not happy Jan.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post
    Not sure if its quite related, but not happy with the sticker for this years membership pack for the car. Why doesn't it have PREMIERS on it?????????

all those stupid flog hawthorn ones over the years has, why doesnt ours?

Not happy Jan.
    I guess they want us to buy premiers stickers separately?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

17. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post
    Not sure if its quite related, but not happy with the sticker for this years membership pack for the car.
    Not happy Jan.
    Not fussed on whether or not it says premiers as i already have 2 different premiers stickers on the car (plus a permanent one on my arm) but i think they are a crappy looking sticker .

Has anyone received their "members" polo that was an add on with membership? just wondering if it has "member 2017" on it as i got one a couple of years ago that had the year on it but the one a year later didn't so i never bothered again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danny the snakeman View Post
    Not fussed on whether or not it says premiers as i already have 2 different premiers stickers on the car (plus a permanent one on my arm) but i think they are a crappy looking sticker .

Has anyone received their "members" polo that was an add on with membership? just wondering if it has "member 2017" on it as i got one a couple of years ago that had the year on it but the one a year later didn't so i never bothered again.
    I've been wearing mine. Pretty sure it's on the rear. The quality of the fabric used is much better this year.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    Every year on my dog's membership form, the club highlights the phone number as missing. I've told them that even if there is a phone number there, she's highly unlikely to answer (lack of opposable thumbs and all)!
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

21. Likes bornadog, KT31 liked this post