Thanks Thanks:  56
Likes Likes:  224
Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Membership 2017 - Target 50,000

Less than 2000 behind Carlton. Big 4...pig's arse.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

2. Likes bulldogtragic, aker39 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Are we about to take over their mantle
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Spoke to the club this morning:

Roughly somewhere around 8,000 up on same time last year. So around 48,000+ is my unofficial guess, but if we keep winning and there's one last surge of lost dogs and new dogs, then 50,000 members in 2017 is now possible. Our little footy club could have 50,000 members in 2017!! God I hope we can crack it this year, it'd be just bloody amazing.
    That's a nice kick up from the previous number. Lets hope there are plenty of new and old members to come.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    That's the staggering part, the parade. We should all know we can't afford to be a bandwagoner club, where you come out to bask in wins and not follow footy when times are tough. Like we all think, if you can't afford it that's more than fine. But if you can afford that $7.50 a month and choose not to, then yo me you're accepting being on this amazing ride without buying a ticket like the rest of us. That ticket helps our club keep this ride going for as long as possible.

Really, if what this club gave all its fans last year and if that's not enough to sign up, then they never, ever will (8,000 new folks have, good on you all). And it's virtually pointless trying to get them. But good on that new 8,000 card carrying members, and hopefully we can see another 2,000 card carrying members to hit 50,000.
    Seriously.
    $1.90 a week.
    FFS!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Tragic...

8. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Slowly becoming irrelevant.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redders70 View Post
    Slowly becoming irrelevant.
    You spelt quickly wrong!
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

11. Likes Bulldog Joe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redders70 View Post
    Seriously.
    $1.90 a week.
    FFS!!!!
    I put up some common luxury items as a comparison: a take away meal per week equals $43 a month, a pack of smokes per week equals $95 per month, a coffee a day equals $120 a month compared to $7.95 for a Dogs membership which works out to be 26c per day. 26c per day & people still say they can't afford it.
    Please.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

In defence it's probably can't afford it due to having to buy the kids a pie , drinks etc .. Kids will want that at footy it's the added cost not so much the membership I imagine. And add in the kids memberships and the partners , if your a family it will add up, also might have only one income coming in.
    You are looking at a single person , no children in the I can't afford membership category and also presuming they have a job no mortgage or bills.
    Bring back the biff

14. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    In defence it's probably can't afford it due to having to buy the kids a pie , drinks etc .. Kids will want that at footy it's the added cost not so much the membership I imagine. And add in the kids memberships and the partners , if your a family it will add up, also might have only one income coming in.
    You are looking at a single person , no children in the I can't afford membership category and also presuming they have a job no mortgage or bills.
    Some good points. People want to watch the footy with a drink and the kids will want the shit that's available there to eat so it'd all start to add up then

Post Thanks / Like

So if these people don't want to go to games due to the cost involved, buy a side line membership for $50 to support the club. Works out to be about 14c per day, the club's membership total goes up by 1 and 100% of the money goes to the club.

I just can't agree with non-member fans (who can afford it) that say you're just as much of a supporter as a member.

Post Thanks / Like

So if these people don't want to go to games due to the cost involved, buy a side line membership for $50 to support the club. Works out to be about 14c per day, the club's membership total goes up by 1 and 100% of the money goes to the club.

I just can't agree with non-member fans (who can afford it) that say you're just as much of a supporter as a member.
    Personally I don't have a problem whether they are members or not. Each to their own I would rather they said they followed the Bulldogs than another club and somewhere in the house I have no doubt their is something bulldog. Maybe just a mug.or a shirt.
    Its small but it adds up.
    I've been an on and off member since 1973 for many different reasons, sometimes I just didn't bother I wasn't going to enough games I class myself as a mad dogs supporter whether I was a member or not.
    I think we lost a lot when we left whitten oval .. My father in law who actually took in players stopped being a member because of that. I managed to get him back into it with the VFL as its back at whitten oval he loves that atmosphere and is a member with them . Still loves the dogs but doesn't like the idea of the concrete jungle that Etihad is.
    VFL football has its advantages over AFL in many ways. I like both experiences but whitten oval VFL football is my spiritual home and many will tell you that.
    Bring back the biff

18. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally I don't have a problem whether they are members or not. Each to their own I would rather they said they followed the Bulldogs than another club and somewhere in the house I have no doubt their is something bulldog. Maybe just a mug.or a shirt.
    Its small but it adds up.
    I've been an on and off member since 1973 for many different reasons, sometimes I just didn't bother I wasn't going to enough games I class myself as a mad dogs supporter whether I was a member or not.
    I think we lost a lot when we left whitten oval .. My father in law who actually took in players stopped being a member because of that. I managed to get him back into it with the VFL as its back at whitten oval he loves that atmosphere and is a member with them . Still loves the dogs but doesn't like the idea of the concrete jungle that Etihad is.
    VFL football has its advantages over AFL in many ways. I like both experiences but whitten oval VFL football is my spiritual home and many will tell you that.
    And without a strong, financially viable Western Bulldogs, there is no VFL team playing at WO.

Post Thanks / Like

And without a strong, financially viable Western Bulldogs, there is no VFL team playing at WO.
    Nowadays financially we are in pretty good shape. It is great to be utilising the WO a lot now.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

That's it. As I said earlier, my metaphor is enjoying this ride without buying a ticket. If there's not enough people buying tickets then services get cut, personnel get cut etc.

It's not like the old says where the base was an 11 game membership, take it or leave it, there's so many ways to buy into the club. Maybe that's my second metaphor, I like Bunnings so I'm a supporter of Wesfarmers. But without buying into them, I'm not a shareholder that rides ups and downs with them, I just get to say I like Bunnings. Mind you, if I had kids they might ask for a sausage and then it's too expensive again.

I like straight talking. If someone can't afford it, they don't need to say 'I'm poor' or feel bad, that's just where things are for them today. But what really annoys me, and I've family members guilty of this... Is using whatever bullshit excuse they can find to justify not joining. My favourite hits; 'Oh, it's not called Footscray anymore, they've lost me and everyone I know', 'until they change the name back I'm not joining, Footscray Forever', 'I don't like Etihad and we shouldn't have left WO', 'this club won't change', 'they don't do enough for your membership fee' and bullshit on. Just say, I don't want to be a member and stop the bullshit. And while we are on cutting bullshit, don't cry to members or people connected to members about not having access to Grand Final tickets because you couldn't even get into the ballot, of which most dogs members actually got tickets last year. But at least we all had a shot. The AFEL isn't going to open up 20,000 tickets to non-members because 20,000 non-members of all clubs want the full benefits of membership without paying a membership to a club...

All that said, congratulations to over 8,000 new members currently joining the journey and buying into the journey. We love of AFL, VFL, new women's team, new talent academy, Ballarat expansion and our various community programs and they will be as successful as possible because 8,000 new members so far have been a shining light to those who use thin excuses. If anyone of you new members is reading this thread, good on you for showing others an example to follow and surging us towards 50,000 members.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

22. Likes bornadog liked this post