Thanks Thanks:  56
Likes Likes:  224
Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2829303132333435363738
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Membership 2017 - Target 50,000

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    Are we allowed to count the Bont or JJ as an asset against the net debt?
    I was wondering if the players or even (taking the concept to its logical extension) draft picks could be counted as/are assets? Or their contracts? After all teams invest in players with contracts. Maybe the contracts should count as assets and liabilitys?

And if they don't and other codes do (I dunno, baseball, Soccer, basketball for arguments sake) then would that make those teams automatically more valuable than AFL teams?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Membership 2017 - Target 50,000

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I was wondering if the players or even (taking the concept to its logical extension) draft picks could be counted as/are assets? Or their contracts? After all teams invest in players with contracts. Maybe the contracts should count as assets and liabilitys?

And if they don't and other codes do (I dunno, baseball, Soccer, basketball for arguments sake) then would that make those teams automatically more valuable than AFL teams?
    Well you don't really own or sell players in AFL so it'd be like counting an appliance you rented as an asset. Other codes would have more assets being able to sell players but they do also often have to pay for those players to get them in the first place so I assume their liabilities would be higher on average too. Though that's a bit murky because once the contract runs out you don't really get to sell the player anymore

Contracts are liabilities because they're the wages you have to pay.