Thanks Thanks:  56
Likes Likes:  224
Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Membership 2017 - Target 50,000

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Has anyone got their membership pack yet ?
    About two weeks ago I got an email with a tracking number for mine but when I click on it the site doesn't come up.
    Nope but I remember seeing somewhere to expect it late November.

2. Thanks gohardorgohome thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

About two weeks ago I got an email with a tracking number for mine but when I click on it the site doesn't come up.
    Quote Originally Posted by cinder View Post
    Nope but I remember seeing somewhere to expect it late November.
    I'm a Bulldog for life and my membership confirmation email that came on 3rd November said:

Shortly we will be sending your special 2017 Bulldogs membership pack, which should arrive in your mailbox in 4-6 weeks.
    So as Cinder says, I wouldn't expect it until the end of this month at the earliest.

4. Likes bornadog, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Rang the club re the social club event as I had a problem with my wife's booking and was put on hold, so I left a message. Rang again today and they said the event has reached capacity. They weren't going to give me another ticket, but I mentioned I rang yesterday and left a message. Upshot, they checked and wil issue a ticket.

I think this is really not good enough. If you are a social club member, then you should be able to go to the event if you want to. Too bad if the venue is too small, then get a bigger one.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

It turns out you CAN get a family membership with only one child -- what they will do is issue two cards, both in the one child's name, so they can bring a friend to the game.

Excellent policy. I just wish the person I spoke to in the first place had been aware of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Rang the club re the social club event as I had a problem with my wife's booking and was put on hold, so I left a message. Rang again today and they said the event has reached capacity. They weren't going to give me another ticket, but I mentioned I rang yesterday and left a message. Upshot, they checked and wil issue a ticket.

I think this is really not good enough. If you are a social club member, then you should be able to go to the event if you want to. Too bad if the venue is too small, then get a bigger one.
    That's ordinary. Agreed - just because when the venue was booked they might not have anticipated every SC member would want to attend, they should work to the scenario that they might!

It doesn't make too much sense either as in previous years we've even been able to bring a guest (for a fee). So even if everyone hasn't attended in the past they've always had pretty high numbers.

8. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I got that email the 2017 membership confirmimation but had the same issue getting into the tracking function. I think you just would use your membership number. They probably don't have the tracking system for 2017 quite up running yet.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

I tend to agree. I think the club is going to struggle the growth and the expectations of long serving members like yourself because I think the level service we have enjoyed over the years will now be a problem for the club to manage.

I've normally been able to do a slight modification to my membership but that wasn't allowed for next season.

I think we need to accept that there will be a bit of extra frustration as we adjust to becoming a club pushing the 50,000 members mark.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Good work by the club here.

UPDATE: ADDITIONAL TICKETS RELEASED FOR CHRISTMAS PARTY

After reaching capacity for the first time, the Club we has been worked closely with Etihad Stadium to release a limited number of extra tickets to the 2016 EJ Whitten Social Club Christmas Party.

Etihad Stadium have allowed the Club to access the external concourse, stadium seating and some of the ground to accommodate Social Club members who initially missed out on securing a ticket for this event.

The Club will be adding big screens on the ground so you will still be able to watch all the on-stage action in the Victory Room live in these areas, with additional food outlets and bars also being opened. Social Club members will also still have access to players and coaching staff in this space.

Tickets will be released via this link at 10am, Tuesday November 22.

NB: Your member number and password will be required to secure your ticket. Additionally groups (including those as part of a family membership) will have to register individually for tickets, as group bookings are not available.

12. Likes cinder, bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Good work by the club here.

UPDATE: ADDITIONAL TICKETS RELEASED FOR CHRISTMAS PARTY

After reaching capacity for the first time, the Club we has been worked closely with Etihad Stadium to release a limited number of extra tickets to the 2016 EJ Whitten Social Club Christmas Party.

Etihad Stadium have allowed the Club to access the external concourse, stadium seating and some of the ground to accommodate Social Club members who initially missed out on securing a ticket for this event.

The Club will be adding big screens on the ground so you will still be able to watch all the on-stage action in the Victory Room live in these areas, with additional food outlets and bars also being opened. Social Club members will also still have access to players and coaching staff in this space.

Tickets will be released via this link at 10am, Tuesday November 22.

NB: Your member number and password will be required to secure your ticket. Additionally groups (including those as part of a family membership) will have to register individually for tickets, as group bookings are not available.
    Nice response by the Club to try and accomodate the fans.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

It also states we have to have a printed ticket to get in but can't for the life of me get mine to print???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dadsgirl16 View Post
    It also states we have to have a printed ticket to get in but can't for the life of me get mine to print???
    Really? I RSVPed by phone when the website was down, I assumed it would just be a wristband in the post like normal. I hope they send the tickets out in that case.

Post Thanks / Like

I have emailed them to ask but its a 3 day wait!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi All,

Without getting too apologetic, I look after supply chain for a living. Part of this job entails monitoring and nurturing the performance of some very good companies.

One of the common pitfalls of optimal performance is rapid growth trajectory. It hurts the best of them and it's a sad reality that often the best performers are the victims of their own success.

What the WBFC is experiencing at the moment is par for the course. ALL businesses have growing pains. It's a catch 22. You want growth, but you have to manage it. You have to plan for it.

Point I'd make in this case is:
    1. How could WBFC have planned for this rapid success?
    2. Should they have expected it?
    3. Who honestly would have expected it?
    4. How quickly did we expect it?
    5. Is it unwelcome?!

I'd urge patience! These growing pains are minuscule compared to the joy of the past two months. They say it's a fine line between pleasure and pain... But the pleasure's been well worth it!

If the figures are correct, we've grown 25%+ in a matter of weeks. That can break even the best of the well oiled machines.

Ive always found our membership department to be a dream to deal with. I'm sure the relatively minor inconveniences aren't through a lack of trying. Let's try to keep the faith and the love!

We're the envy of Australia at present!

Stay classy, San Diego!!

Post Thanks / Like

Yep you ride with growth, even when it isn't expected and you build like crazy underneath it to assist it on its trajectory. You never really keep up, but you can put enough key things in place to keep it going.

The club are in warp speed and will re-focus on their supporter base as soon as resources allow.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

19. Likes Webby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Received reply email this morning and we will be emailed a ticket to SC function and we must print it and present it on the night..

21. Thanks N/A thanked for this post