Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  20
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HS - Western Bulldogs finals campaign will go down as the most magical in AFL history. SAM EDMUND,October 9, 20

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Just looked it up you are correct Td, picks 37 and 66.
    Cheers. So we cashed Leon Cameron in for Mitch and Shaggy? That's a good deal. Although Leon and Richo pulled off a big win for Richmond

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    The more I read this, the more I'm left thinking if we're all talking about the same Leon Cameron.

I can't help but feel that it was an off the cuff remark that has been twisted around, or that it never actually happened.

This isn't out of a desire to protect anyone from GWS, but I just can't see a person of Cameron's professionalism getting sidetracked by something like this.
    I agree with that.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Re: HS - Western Bulldogs finals campaign will go down as the most magical in AFL history. SAM EDMUND,October 9, 20

The more I read this, the more I'm left thinking if we're all talking about the same Leon Cameron.

I can't help but feel that it was an off the cuff remark that has been twisted around, or that it never actually happened.

This isn't out of a desire to protect anyone from GWS, but I just can't see a person of Cameron's professionalism getting sidetracked by something like this.
    It was probably just a passing remark like "this is ridiculous" or something like that....i doubt anything along the lines of going out of his way to voice his displeasure.

Btw, does anyone know if there is any video available of this? Can't find it anywhere and the DVDs start after the teams have run out.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting fact is that Jeremy Cameron has a father also named Leon. Could it have been that Leon Cameron. Jeremy certainly showed that the booing (or something) certainly upset him.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    His coaching tells it all - teaching GWS players to be snipers.
    I thought the sniping part of the game was instilled before Leon's arrival.

Reminded me of the performance of a certain Essendon player in 2000 GF
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

5. Likes hujsh, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    I thought the sniping part of the game was instilled before Leon's arrival.

Reminded me of the performance of a certain Essendon player in 2000 GF
    You are probably right. Leon needs to stamp it out.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Dogs' AFL fans bring bite to GWS fortress

From the moment the Giants ran out for their pre-match warm-up, they were roundly booed by Dogs fans, who made up at least half of the sold-out 25,790 crowd.

The jeering continued in earnest every time former Dogs players Callan Ward and Ryan Griffen touched the ball.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    It was probably just a passing remark like "this is ridiculous" or something like that....i doubt anything along the lines of going out of his way to voice his displeasure.

Btw, does anyone know if there is any video available of this? Can't find it anywhere and the DVDs start after the teams have run out.

9. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Interesting fact is that Jeremy Cameron has a father also named Leon. Could it have been that Leon Cameron. Jeremy certainly showed that the booing (or something) certainly upset him.
    Didn't know that. Leon surely now has to repay the favour and have a son called Jeremy. That or ask his dad to change his name to Jeremy-I'm not sure which one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    His coaching tells it all - teaching GWS players to be snipers.
    He learnt from the best sniper in the business - Sheedy.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

12. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I liked the way after the game Leon went out of his way to shake our player's hands. Can't recall any other coach doing that. Leon is one of the good guys.

14. Likes Raw Toast, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I liked the way after the game Leon went out of his way to shake our player's hands. Can't recall any other coach doing that. Leon is one of the good guys.
    Absolutely. Leon is a big grown up man. That's why it's hard to imagine him doing his right flipping 'nana about some booing from the crowd. Maybe a comment like "there are more bulldog supporters here than I thought. You would have thought at least the crowd would have been on our side" or something like that.

But full house, season on the line, competitive juices flowing out of every part of your being. I doubt you'd even notice the crowd so much as the noise they were making.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking the nickname 'Jaffas' is more appropriate than ever for GWS -- 'hard' on the outside, but surprisingly brittle and melted like chocolate under our pressure!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: HS - Western Bulldogs finals campaign will go down as the most magical in AFL history. SAM EDMUND,October 9, 20

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy'sLore View Post
    I'm thinking the nickname 'Jaffas' is more appropriate than ever for GWS -- 'hard' on the outside, but surprisingly brittle and melted like chocolate under our pressure!
    We should roll jaffas down the aisle in Round 6.

18. Likes Murphy'sLore liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Id say we should throw them on the ground but we'd probably be breaking some precious rule about, ummm, throwing things on the ground. It's political correctness gone mad that we can't throw jaffas at the GWS players. It's a joke! Jaffas aren't that hard-that's sort of the point.

They have those really big ones now too. If you threw one of them after a while it'd make it even funnier.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Nah...I'd rather roll them down my throat.