Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  26
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Matty Boyd signs for another Year

Pleased to hear that Boydy is going around again.

2. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great news. He has been very important down back for us in recent years so great to keep that experience.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Brilliant that he is playing on. He has been huge for us for a long time - but in particular, his last two season at half back have been crucial to how we play.

Great to see him get a chance to join the 300 club....him and Bob both in 2017 will be pretty special.
    Certainly will be special they both deserve to get to 300. Just great as well along with M Boyd that Bob is going around again.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Least some players are still loyal.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

6. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Least some players are still loyal.
    You would like to think so today but it is slowly slipping away with whole notion of free agency. Im one who just wants to know who we get in from the trade period all confirmed and who goes out all confirmed and not buy into the rumour mill too much.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    You would like to think so today but it is slowly slipping away with whole notion of free agency. Im one who just wants to know who we get in from the trade period all confirmed and who goes out all confirmed and not buy into the rumour mill too much.
    I'm just stuck in the 70s and 80s Eastie.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

9. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I see Yes I was born in the late 80s but it would have been great to have witnessed the footy back in the 70s and 80s heading to the old grounds each week and seeing the Doggies at Western Oval.

11. Likes 1eyedog, Rocco Jones liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure 70s/80s was such a great era for player loyalty, particularly at Footscray. Player turnover presently beats the hell out of 1978-82.

13. Likes Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I still can't believe that I was wishing that Matty would pull up stumps 3 or maybe 4 years ago. His foot skills were as bad as anyone in the amateur leagues. Since Bevo has moved him to the backline somehow he has this new found skill set. His foot skill is now one of our best.

Kudos to Matty for turning his career around and getting a few more quality seasons out of himself. He has the same Bulldog spirit that saw Tony Liberatore reinvent himself from a ball winning ruck rover to one of the leagues best (and dirtiest) taggers going around.

Well done Matty Boyd. He thoroughly deserves this new contract.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Good onya Boydy
    A true bulldog through and through.

Post Thanks / Like

Having played all 5 weeks in 2017, he's now sitting on 287 games. There's 17 H&A games plus finals to come, so I don't see him asking for any rests during the year, and he's going to need to keep form from kids like Williams or Lynch coming in to take his spot. Irrespective of how many more games he plays, 287 games and captaincy for many years off the rookie list is a wonderful return for club and player.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

17. Likes Eastdog, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Having played all 5 weeks in 2017, he's now sitting on 287 games. There's 17 H&A games plus finals to come, so I don't see him asking for any rests during the year, and he's going to need to keep form from kids like Williams or Lynch coming in to take his spot. Irrespective of how many more games he plays, 287 games and captaincy for many years off the rookie list is a wonderful return for club and player.
    Can't believe he has played that many - 300 games coming up, what a great achievement from reserves player from Frankston.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

19. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I tend to think if he has a couple of spells through the season it will strengthen his position in the team.

He's had a great career especially coming off the rookie list. He should be very proud of what he has achieved.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Been terrific, very good composure . The back half move has prolonged his career

Post Thanks / Like

Will go down as one of our best players, a great career.