Thanks Thanks:  140
Likes Likes:  278
Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WBFC - Player Contract Status

Bailey Williams signs on for another 2 years

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/vi...tends-contract
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

2. Thanks bulldogtragic, bornadog, josie thanked for this post
    Likes Throughandthrough, Remi Moses liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Keep it coming JMac!
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Adams and JJ are very worrying.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Adams and JJ are very worrying.
    Both are in/back in contract talks. Maybe waiting for CBA to finalise the last few dollars of their requests. Dalrymple said the other day he fully expects that with talks back on with JJ that he will sign on soon enough.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Bailey Williams signs on for another 2 years

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/vi...tends-contract
    Excellent, this kid can play
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Both are in/back in contract talks. Maybe waiting for CBA to finalise the last few dollars of their requests. Dalrymple said the other day he fully expects that with talks back on with JJ that he will sign on soon enough.
    That's how I interpret it. I've recently heard that JJ is good to go - just waiting on CBA as the club has said it will wait and see if it can offer him more. Just rumors though. I think they know he's worth it, they just need to balance a budget across a number of big names.

If JJ does decide to go we'll get something good for him. It's Bont and Stringer that I ultimately worry about. If either of them go what comes back the other way is never going to be anywhere near as good.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

That's how I interpret it. I've recently heard that JJ is good to go - just waiting on CBA as the club has said it will wait and see if it can offer him more. Just rumors though. I think they know he's worth it, they just need to balance a budget across a number of big names.

If JJ does decide to go we'll get something good for him. It's Bont and Stringer that I ultimately worry about. If either of them go what comes back the other way is never going to be anywhere near as good.
    Captain Bontempelli
    Vice Captain Stringer

Give them good positions within the club/team and really good money and years, they'll stay and lead the dynasty.

Post Thanks / Like

Captain Bontempelli
    Vice Captain Stringer

Give them good positions within the club/team and really good money and years, they'll stay and lead the dynasty.
    Premierships. Premierships, Premierships, Premierships.

10. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Captain Bontempelli
    Vice Captain Stringer

Yeah a club captain with a lucrative contract would never leave, oh wait...

12. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Premierships. Premierships, Premierships, Premierships.
    $30,000 bonus. $30,000 bonus. $30,000 bonus. $30,000 bonus.

Yep. Money & success. You look at the offers Roughead, Mitchell, Hodge and others knocked back, but got over $100,000 each in premiership bonuses over the 4 premierships (and some for the lost GF). There's a lucrative side to playing in a strong team too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I'd never compare the two personally. But there's no parallel between the two in my view.

Post Thanks / Like

$30,000 bonus. $30,000 bonus. $30,000 bonus. $30,000 bonus.

Yep. Money & success. You look at the offers Roughead, Mitchell, Hodge and others knocked back, but got over $100,000 each in premiership bonuses over the 4 premierships (and some for the lost GF). There's a lucrative side to playing in a strong team too.
    They will be coming for The Bont. Look at North they have offered Kelly $9 million and Dusty something similar. They will be all after The Bont. We need to re-sign him on a huge contract to stay with us for another 10.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    They will be coming for The Bont. Look at North they have offered Kelly $9 million and Dusty something similar. They will be all after The Bont. We need to re-sign him on a huge contract to stay with us for another 10.
    That's just the way of the world. Offer him the captaincy on merit, offer him great money and as many years as he likes. If that's not enough, it's not enough. But I think it will be. There's types I see as wanting long terms Hawthorn & Geelong like success, and will accept a little under big offers, and some others. If Bont, whose not out of contract for 2.5 years, was captain by then and had a contract of 6 years and $7.5m ($1.25m p/year) I'd assume he'd be staying. Especially if the list is continually competing in the last week or two of the finals, and likely to stay that way. I'm not losing sleep on Bonts.

17. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I'm not either at this stage but 2019 will be a nail biter until we get his John Doe. He'll be the best player in the comp and everyone will be into him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Bonts not like that gutless wonder.
    The curse is dead.

20. Likes bulldogtragic, 1eyedog liked this post