Thanks Thanks:  140
Likes Likes:  278
Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WBFC - Player Contract Status

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Really? JJ is a 24 year old man that's appointed someone to act on his behalf. If his management is the issue, it's just as much his fault for allowing it to spiral.

I think if this continues, we're going to have to put our foot down at some point and take our offer off the table. This feels like JJ and management dragging us further and further into deeper waters.

The Hawks and Cats sides took pay cuts to keep the dynasty going, JJ clearly isnt of that thinking. Eventually we have to put a final offer to him and face the reality that he goes.

He's a gun but half backs are replaceable.
    Its much harder with the ridiculous situation of the salary cap still not being finalised. Seriously the AFL are a disgrace with this.

2. Thanks hujsh thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post

He's a gun but half backs are replaceable.
    Really? Biggs is replaceable. Boyd is replaceable. What about a freakish intercept mark like Wood? Is a line breaker like JJ easily replaced, particularly in a side pretty much devoid of pace? I wouldn't have thought so..
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Really? Biggs is replaceable. Boyd is replaceable. What about a freakish intercept mark like Wood? Is a line breaker like JJ easily replaced, particularly in a side pretty much devoid of pace? I wouldn't have thought so..
    Tend to agree AR. Players of the calibre of Murph, Morris and Boyd will be replaced eventually but will the replacements be as good as them.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Wood has been quite good. Great intercept mark that's for sure.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Potentially in Lynch for the short term and anyone quick / can find the ball who would accept a 550k contract to play with a finals side for the long term. JJ is a very good player but not a great or irreplaceable one.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Mark Stevens reporting that Chris Grant is now taken over talks with JJ management. Not sure if that good or bad news? Interesting none the less.
    Noticed that as well Aza. Stevo indicated that this was a positive but I'm not sure why this would be viewed this way. At face value it would seem that the relationship with JMac and JJ's manager has broken down which I can only imagine might have JJ himself on the nose with Club management. The sooner this is sorted the better as it's seemingly now getting out of hand if Chris is having to come in and take over from JMac. If this runs the course of the season it runs the risk of derailing us to some extent.

8. Likes bornadog, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely. If the Hawks were able to replace a gun full forward like Franklin, we can find another half back flanker.

I don't think we should be selling the farm to keep anyone.

10. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After a few tough weeks here is some news to brighten up your day.

Roberts extends deal

June 20, 2017 3:59 PM

Western Bulldogs defender Fletcher Roberts has agreed to terms on a two-year contract extension, keeping him at the Club until at least the end of the 2019 season.

Roberts is the latest in a line of Bulldogs who have re-committed to the Club in recent months, with the 24-year-old joining Kieran Collins, Lewis Young, Patrick Lipinski, Clay Smith, Marcus Adams, Tim English and Bailey Williams to have re-signed.

“We’ve been really encouraged by Fletcher’s development as a tall defender since he came to us in 2012, particularly the last 12 months” List Manager Jason McCartney told westernbulldogs.com.au on Tuesday.

“Fletcher reads the play well and regularly leads the side in one percenters, which is a tribute to how hard he works for his teammates.

“We look forward to watching him grow as a footballer over the next couple of years.”

The 196cm, 90 kg Roberts was taken with the 11th pick of the 2011 Pre-season Draft and has played 46 games for the Club.

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/ne...s-extends-deal

12. Thanks hujsh thanked for this post
    Likes bulldogtragic, KT31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not that we play him but if both Webb and JJ go and with Jong out injured our mid sized player depth will be lacking in 2018. Considering both Hrovat and Stevens left last year.

Do we upgrade Lynch?
    Last edited by azabob; 20-06-2017 at 08:02 PM.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know how much credence to place on it but Jon Ralph said tonight that JJ's Melbourne based manager is adamant that JJ wants to stay at the Dogs and they've put a counter offer to the Dogs and hopes its settled soon. Reckons that the $800k is not true and he's only ever expressed a desire to play with the Dogs... time will tell I guess.
    Also said that of the 3 oldies -Murph, Boyd & Moz..almost certain Boyd will finish and in light of recent injuries probably Murph too.. but Moz has said he feels mentally fresh and is keen to play another year and the club are very open to that.

15. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Like all the innuendo of him leaving I'll celebrate or be disappointed when it actually happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Don't know how much credence to place on it but Jon Ralph said tonight that JJ's Melbourne based manager is adamant that JJ wants to stay at the Dogs and they've put a counter offer to the Dogs and hopes its settled soon. Reckons that the $800k is not true and he's only ever expressed a desire to play with the Dogs... time will tell I guess.
    Also said that of the 3 oldies -Murph, Boyd & Moz..almost certain Boyd will finish and in light of recent injuries probably Murph too.. but Moz has said he feels mentally fresh and is keen to play another year and the club are very open to that.
    Has he changed managers? I thought I read earlier this year that his manager is in WA?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Has he changed managers? I thought I read earlier this year that his manager is in WA?
    That's why i posted what Ralph said because it was at odds with what I thought. Maybe Ralph got it wrong...that wouldn't surprise me.

19. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wood signs contract extension

Western Bulldogs vice-captain Easton Wood has agreed to terms on a contract extension that will keep him at VU Whitten Oval until at least the end of the 2020 season.

The 27-year-old Wood was set to be a free agent at the end of 2018, but instead recommitted to the Club for a further two years on top of his current deal.

Western Bulldogs List Manager Jason McCartney told westernbulldogs.com.au that people like Wood are what football clubs are all about.

“I can’t speak highly enough of Easton as a player and as an individual,” McCartney said.

“On the field he’s athleticism and intercept marking abilities are elite and he rarely gets beaten in a one-on-one contest.

“And off the field, he’s obviously a key member of our group. He had big shoes to fill last season, stepping in as captain for Rob Murphy, and he couldn’t have handled it better.

”He loves the Club, and we’re really pleased he’s chosen to extend his contract this early.”

Wood arrived at the Bulldogs via a third round selection (43rd overall) in the 2007 AFL National Draft, and has since played 122 games after debuting in Round 19, 2009 against the West Coast Eagles.

The Camperdown product is the tenth player to have signed new deals this season, with Wood joining Jason Johannisen, Kieran Collins, Lewis Young, Patrick Lipinski, Clay Smith, Marcus Adams, Tim English, Bailey Williams and Fletcher Roberts to have re-signed in 2017

21. Likes The Doctor, Mofra, Doc26, Bulldog4life, cinder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bloody Brilliant.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket