Thanks Thanks:  140
Likes Likes:  278
Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WBFC - Player Contract Status

Good to be signing guys up early and avoiding speculation

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wood signs contract extension

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    link

Western Bulldogs vice-captain Easton Wood has agreed to terms on a contract extension that will keep him at VU Whitten Oval until at least the end of the 2020 season.

The 27-year-old Wood was set to be a free agent at the end of 2018, but instead recommitted to the Club for a further two years on top of his current deal.

Western Bulldogs List Manager Jason McCartney told westernbulldogs.com.au that people like Wood are what football clubs are all about.

“I can’t speak highly enough of Easton as a player and as an individual,” McCartney said.

“On the field he’s athleticism and intercept marking abilities are elite and he rarely gets beaten in a one-on-one contest.

“And off the field, he’s obviously a key member of our group. He had big shoes to fill last season, stepping in as captain for Rob Murphy, and he couldn’t have handled it better.

”He loves the Club, and we’re really pleased he’s chosen to extend his contract this early.”

Wood arrived at the Bulldogs via a third round selection (43rd overall) in the 2007 AFL National Draft, and has since played 122 games after debuting in Round 19, 2009 against the West Coast Eagles.

The Camperdown product is the tenth player to have signed new deals this season, with Wood joining Jason Johannisen, Kieran Collins, Lewis Young, Patrick Lipinski, Clay Smith, Marcus Adams, Tim English, Bailey Williams and Fletcher Roberts to have re-signed in 2017
    This is a good move. Wood rose to the occasion last year as acting Captain and provides the leadership qualities to be an outstanding ambassador for the Club. This would have to be our most significant signing of all the new deals.

Post Thanks / Like

Great re-signing . Gee that Boyd deal is killing us

4. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great to see him extend his contract. Love watching this bloke play.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Great re-signing . Gee that Boyd deal is killing us
    Yep ask Barrett and while your asking him make sure your holding Toms premiership medal and also have the membership figures including the debt reduction records since we signed him.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

We also re-signed Picken.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    We also re-signed Picken.
    They forgot about him.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Bloody brilliant.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Stevo reporting Redpath has a one year contract in front of him, with a games trigger to extend another year. He hasn't signed it and Carlton are interested in him and may depend on what Casboult does.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Stevo reporting Redpath has a one year contract in front of him, with a games trigger to extend another year. He hasn't signed it and Carlton are interested in him and may depend on what Casboult does.
    I just posted I suspected this with Carlton getting good free agency compo on Casboult and then using a nothing pick to get Redpath. Nothing because player values have hit an all time low.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I just posted I suspected this with Carlton getting good free agency component on Casboult and then using a nothing pick to get Redpath. Nothing because player values have hit an all time low.
    My gut says Redpath will stay.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm surprised he hasn't signed it. If I had a history of knee injuries I'd be signing before anything could go wrong. Touch wood nothing does for him.
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 13-08-2017 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Tied Poh
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Strong speculation that Cloke might call it a day. That would strengthen Redpath staying
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Strong speculation that Cloke might call it a day. That would strengthen Redpath staying
    Really? Ripping up his contract?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I heard that too but I also heard it was BS. Right now he's better than nothing so I hope he sees out his contract. Although if if did call it a day it would force us in another direction where we might find a diamond rough.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.