Thanks Thanks:  140
Likes Likes:  278
Page 24 of 46 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Re: WBFC - Player Contract Status

Geez if that Tom Boyd mega contract doesn't get a scalp soon I'll offer myself up.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder how far the club and Dahl are apart on contract length? I'm guessing Dahl might want 4 years and the club may only want to give him 2? I reckon 3 years would be a fair term.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I wonder how far the club and Dahl are apart on contract length? I'm guessing Dahl might want 4 years and the club may only want to give him 2? I reckon 3 years would be a fair term.
    Devils advocate, say you're right. The gap is just a tiny year. By letting the media promote that there's a chance for clubs to get him, might we be seeing what unofficial chats come into Sam Power's sphere. And maybe the debate internally, is not just the third year, but whether there's some first round compo in a super draft? Then it's a much bigger decision. Being the DA of course.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I think a 3 year term on reasonable coin is fair. He would be 28 when that expires and there would be the genuine possibility of him getting another good contract then if he plays consistently well during the next contract term.

If he's looking for a longer term or JJ type money then I think he will, and should have, a problem with the club. I don't think his form since 2016 warrants a huge contract. If another club offers it then he would have to consider it. Carlton and Essendon might be willing? If so, we may benefit greatly from the compensation.

In any case, i hope everyone is sensible and he stays.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Mark Stevens@Stevo7AFL

Dialogue open and “bubbling” along on new deal for Marcus Bontempelli, according to Dogs CEO Ameet Bains ... indicates intent positive .
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

6. Thanks bulldogtragic, hujsh thanked for this post
    Likes The Doctor, Happy Days, Eastdog, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Marcus Bontempelli contract latest: Western Bulldogs open ‘pleasing’ discussions regarding extension

Mrcus Bontempelli has opened contract talks with the Western Bulldogs.
    Source: AAP
    THE Western Bulldogs have made contact with Marcus Bontempelli regarding extending his contract beyond 2019, with the club describing the initial talks as “pleasing”.

Bontempelli will be a free agent at the end of next season, with the Bulldogs understandably keen to lock away the young star before he enters the final year of his contract.
    The Dogs have been proactive in ensuring the talented 22-year-old extends his stay at the Kennell, with chief executive Ameet Bains providing an update on his status on Wednesday.

“Sam Power, our head of list and recruiting, has been in contact with (Bontempelli’s manager) Tom Petroro and discussions continue to bubble along,” Bains told RSN’s Breakfast Club.

“The most pleasing part of that, regardless of how long it takes from here, is that there’s an intent to get it done. That’s a great reflection of where the club’s at and where it’s going.”

Bontempelli missed last weekend’s clash with Gold Coast due to a hip injury, with the gun midfielder still touch and go as to whether he’ll be fit for the side’s Round 8 clash.

The Dogs face the Lions at Etihad Stadium on Saturday night, with the club likely to play it safe with Bontempelli should he not make it through Thursday’s final training session.

“He needs to get through training on Thursday, but Bevo said at his press conference that it won’t be a sit-and-wait decision like it was last week,” Bains said.

“If he doesn’t train fully on Thursday, he won’t play. But we are hopeful that he’ll get through.”

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

8. Thanks bulldogtragic, hujsh, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cordy new 3 year deal

10. Thanks Eastdog, Twodogs thanked for this post
    Likes KT31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Cordy new 3 year deal
    I'm so happy I'm crying.

12. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I'm so happy I'm crying.
    You would be over the moon BT.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: WBFC - Player Contract Status

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I'm so happy I'm crying.

Street party?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Great news!
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

17. Thanks N/A, Eastdog, anfo27 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Excellent news,

Cordy has been fantastic this year. Really throws himself into a contest no matter what the score is.

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent news

Post Thanks / Like

21, 001st post!
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

21. Likes KT31, Eastdog liked this post