Likes Likes:  130
Page 6 of 54 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moving-Rolling Delisting/Retiring/Trading Thread 2017

Mark Stevens reckons May is staying, it's going to get interesting

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    I would be pretty filthy on JJ if he leaves and very demanding on the trade table if it came to that. Reality is he's a 24 yo star in his prime.
    Can you be overly demanding at the trade table anymore? It's all well and good to say we'll play hardball, but if he nominates a club he's going to that club and we will end up taking what we can get for him.........or pay him what he wants to stay.

A single digit first rounder and a second rounder is probably his value, do you think we will have to work too hard to get that?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Why Essendon?
    I believe there is a feeling that Essendon are the most interested in him and probably because for some unknown reason they seem to have a lot of room in their cap.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I would be pretty filthy on JJ if he leaves and very demanding on the trade table if it came to that. Reality is he's a 24 yo star in his prime.
    Agree sign him for 4 years now and let him go after that these are the years you want him on your list

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Can you be overly demanding at the trade table anymore? It's all well and good to say we'll play hardball, but if he nominates a club he's going to that club and we will end up taking what we can get for him.........or pay him what he wants to stay.

A single digit first rounder and a second rounder is probably his value, do you think we will have to work too hard to get that?
    Hard but fair - that's the line I'd be taking.

If he was 27 it'd be different, but he's 24 and has played some sensational football over the last 24 months. He's only just entering his prime now.

I'd be looking at a single digit draft pick + a good player.

Post Thanks / Like

Hard but fair - that's the line I'd be taking.

If he was 27 it'd be different, but he's 24 and has played some sensational football over the last 24 months. He's only just entering his prime now.

I'd be looking at a single digit draft pick + a good player.
    If he's walking, I'd prefer Freo as a destination and work in with draft picks (they'd have 6, 7, 24 - us 16-18, 34-36 & 42), Fyfe (FA) and another player. We'd have the salary cap then piss easy for Fyfe, we'd need some more dash too. Might open up a big opportunity for us, especially throwing whatever picks around for a May/Mckenzie/Trengove/Schache/Gunston/Rockliff etc, etc, etc.

We'd then want to expose Williams & Lynch to as much footy as possible and maybe throwing Webb back there to see if he takes a spot again down there. Losing potentially JJ, Bob, Boyd & Prudden opens up the flanks big time.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    If he's walking, I'd prefer Freo as a destination and work in with draft picks (they'd have 6, 7, 24 - us 16-18, 34-36 & 42), Fyfe (FA) and another player. We'd have the salary cap then piss easy for Fyfe, we'd need some more dash too. Might open up a big opportunity for us, especially throwing whatever picks around for a May/Mckenzie/Trengove/Schache/Gunston/Rockliff etc, etc, etc.

We'd then want to expose Williams & Lynch to as much footy as possible and maybe throwing Webb back there to see if he takes a spot again down there. Losing potentially JJ, Bob, Boyd & Prudden opens up the flanks big time.
    Lynch is the one - in a remarkably similar spot to JJ a few years ago (pacey rookie decent on both sides of the body)

Untried? Of course, but so was JJ - a real shame he's been injured (coming back this week?) as it'd be worthwhile exposing him to senior footy and seeing what he could do. Pace of our HB line is something we just can't lose
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    Lynch is the one - in a remarkably similar spot to JJ a few years ago (pacey rookie decent on both sides of the body)

Untried? Of course, but so was JJ - a real shame he's been injured (coming back this week?) as it'd be worthwhile exposing him to senior footy and seeing what he could do. Pace of our HB line is something we just can't lose
    Ditto. I'd say I've seen only about 8-10 games of Lynch, but I'm excited to see if he can keep his upward curve going because if JJ or his manager want a different deal, then Lynch is arguably the closest thing we have. So let's see him soon if his form is good.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Ditto. I'd say I've seen only about 8-10 games of Lynch, but I'm excited to see if he can keep his upward curve going because if JJ or his manager want a different deal, then Lynch is arguably the closest thing we have. So let's see him soon if his form is good.
    I like Lynch's pace and evasive skills. He is just a cut above getting around / through people in congestion. High hopes.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I believe there is a feeling that Essendon are the most interested in him and probably because for some unknown reason they seem to have a lot of room in their cap.
    Maybe as part of the deal we can take their staff who work out the TPP.

11. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A question...

Do the games of Campbell & Honeychurch show that (a) we need to play/keep them, or (b) improve their trade value?

I will tip myself in. When Jarrad Grant had an OK end to 2013 I think it was, Brisbane were rumoured to be into him while Docherty was looking to Victoria. I said we shouldn't do that trade on the basis a few good games were showing 'an upward trend'.

Honeychurch is without contract, and Campbell might be thinking he can get more games elsewhere despite a contract for next year. So do we see either player as showing a trend to being an important player next year, or as perhaps just having a little more currency?

Post Thanks / Like

Too early on each for mine.

HC in particular had too many road blocks prior to the season, but in my view there's significant water to go under the bridge in terms of who on our list we want to keep from the more established group and he's all of a sudden in play for another deal.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

They're the type that are good depth for now but could easily miss a new contract as we look for kids who may be better than depth at their peak
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

The issue for Honeychurch, is that we are required to make space and good depth players (eg Hrovat) are sacrificed for the space.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    The issue for Honeychurch, is that we are required to make space and good depth players (eg Hrovat) are sacrificed for the space.
    Hamilton, M Boyd and B Murphy off the list at the end of the year to start with, if we trade 1-2 players as well there would be space for Honeychurch.
    I'm disappointed in his finishing but he gets to the right spots and applies defensive pressure.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers