Thanks Thanks:  42
Likes Likes:  130
Page 12 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moving-Rolling Delisting/Retiring/Trading Thread 2017

I'm not done on clay smith, I thought he did well yesterday , he might not get the ball much at times but by Christ he tackles and hits hard.
    The opposition know he is around.
    I find the same with Liberatore he isn't getting the ball half as much As he was but Bevo keeps playing him.
    I tend to think they are both performing the role they are given and we as outsiders don't know what it is and just go on what they did previously.
    Libber seems to be a part tagger now and clays role seems to have changed with Cloke Redpath and the Bont going forward more.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I'm starting to wonder why Hamilton was given another year, being this season.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Boyd and Murph to retire.

Morris is a possibility to stay on for one more year to assist with the transition to Cordy/Adams/Young as our defensive stalwarts.

Honeychurch is in the Hrovat/Stevens category of too good for VFL but not good enough for consistent top line AFL, and given the need to overturn the list each year, he's expendable.

I can see Webb getting offers. I rate him as a long term prospect due to his kicking and overhead skills and proven ability to accumulate big numbers at VFL but he hasn't been able to replicate that form with us at AFL level. Another one who may be seen as expendable.

And if Tom Campbell's manager had any clue, he'd be finding him a new home as we speak with English only going to develop and improve.
    Not sure any clubs would want Campbell, not that he is a bad player he just hasn't seemed to click with an all round good game at AFL level.
    I wouldn't be letting honeychurch go , he was just starting to make his way and got hit by an infection.
    Webb just wasn't with it yesterday but he like honeychurch hasn't had a long run at it.
    How much has Dickson got left in him now ? He is around 30.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I'm starting to wonder why Hamilton was given another year, being this season.
    It was the right decision at the time but hasn't worked out.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

5. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Stevo saying Bob & Matty Boyd likely to retire.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Hamilton just doesn't get involved enough for mine . I'm not surprised Bob and Keith retire

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    As much as I love Bob, to me he is looking tired and showing his age.
    He will pop up and do what Bob does but I think the body is starting to feel the rigors of a long AFL career.
    People have pointed it our already but it really looks bad when he fails to push back hard and chase when the ball is turned over and the opposition are on a fast break.

That's when he looks his age and the main sign for me he should retire.

Post Thanks / Like

Zero chance Dale won't be a Bulldog next year, unless he wants out.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

From AFL.com.au

Out-of-contract Crow Jake Lever tops the Bulldogs' wish list and they have reportedly dangled a five-year offer worth more than $800,000 a season. They face stiff competition for the key defender's signature if he decides to leave Adelaide, with Melbourne and Collingwood among a raft of Victorian clubs waiting to pounce.

Forward Stewart Crameri's future remains uncertain more than two months after a hip injury ended his season. The former Bomber, who turns 29 on Thursday, managed just two senior games this year in his return from a year-long WADA ban, and the Bulldogs have yet to indicate whether they will offer him a new contract.

Promising youngster Bailey Dale will re-sign but both parties are assessing his market worth in light of his breakthrough second half of 2017, while the Bulldogs are believed to have an offer on the table for fellow 2014 draftee Lukas Webb, who is weighing up the opportunities he can expect at the club beyond 2017.

After Matthew Boyd announced his retirement on Tuesday, the Bulldogs face tough calls on club greats Robert Murphy, 35, and Dale Morris, 34. Both remain valuable players when fit, but Murphy appears best placed to continue. The Dogs skipper has played 14 games this season and continues to have an impact, whether in defence or attack, but Morris has had a horror injury run and could decide his body has had enough.

By Nick Bowen
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

11. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    From AFL.com.au

Out-of-contract Crow Jake Lever tops the Bulldogs' wish list and they have reportedly dangled a five-year offer worth more than $800,000 a season. They face stiff competition for the key defender's signature if he decides to leave Adelaide, with Melbourne and Collingwood among a raft of Victorian clubs waiting to pounce.

Forward Stewart Crameri's future remains uncertain more than two months after a hip injury ended his season. The former Bomber, who turns 29 on Thursday, managed just two senior games this year in his return from a year-long WADA ban, and the Bulldogs have yet to indicate whether they will offer him a new contract.

Promising youngster Bailey Dale will re-sign but both parties are assessing his market worth in light of his breakthrough second half of 2017, while the Bulldogs are believed to have an offer on the table for fellow 2014 draftee Lukas Webb, who is weighing up the opportunities he can expect at the club beyond 2017.

After Matthew Boyd announced his retirement on Tuesday, the Bulldogs face tough calls on club greats Robert Murphy, 35, and Dale Morris, 34. Both remain valuable players when fit, but Murphy appears best placed to continue. The Dogs skipper has played 14 games this season and continues to have an impact, whether in defence or attack, but Morris has had a horror injury run and could decide his body has had enough.

By Nick Bowen
    I personally Think he has got it wrong with Murphy and Morris if anything it will be the other way round.
    Bring back the biff

13. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    From AFL.com.au

By Nick Bowen
    If we are throwing that at Lever there's nothing to offer Kelly. I think I can assume we are not in the Kelly race.

I'd like both Webb & Dale's signatures ASAP.

Post Thanks / Like

Think they're playing their cards close to their chest after the Hurley disappointment

Post Thanks / Like

What is our gut feel on Crameri? Hasn't played pretty much for 2 years. He is a long way back and his body seems to struggle with the rigors or AFL footy.

Not too fussed on Webb's signiture. Bailey Dale is the priority for me.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    What is our gut feel on Crameri? Hasn't played pretty much for 2 years. He is a long way back and his body seems to struggle with the rigors or AFL footy.

Not too fussed on Webb's signiture. Bailey Dale is the priority for me.
    I'd move Crameri to the rookie list. How? Scare off all other clubs with how bad his hip injury is, and we want to look after him after the WADA ban. Makes it very risky for anyone else to take him before our first rookie list pick, especially if he refuses medicals at any other clubs.

Rookies can be upgraded straight away next year, so he can play from the get go if he's fit. If he loses money, he can add these losses to his legal claim. But we keep him and look after him by keeping him, but balance the risks of his body against salary cap and a primary list spot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I'd move Crameri to the rookie list. How? Scare off all other clubs with how bad his hip injury is, and we want to look after him after the WADA ban. Makes it very risky for anyone else to take him before our first rookie list pick, especially if he refuses medicals at any other clubs.
    Why would he want to 'scare off' potential employers offering him more than leaue minimum?

I think we should go with the rookie draft idea with Crameri too, but I don't blame him if he wants to play for another club offering him more.