Thanks Thanks:  42
Likes Likes:  130
Page 7 of 54 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moving-Rolling Delisting/Retiring/Trading Thread 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Hamilton, M Boyd and B Murphy off the list at the end of the year to start with, if we trade 1-2 players as well there would be space for Honeychurch.
    I'm disappointed in his finishing but he gets to the right spots and applies defensive pressure.
    I love Morris, but time is also catching up to him.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

They threw Boyd on the ball in the VFL Saturday and he was everywhere !
    Forgot he was a mid so quickly I'm ashamed , after that I would say he will come in this week , here's a thought , we are struggling in the midfield , Jong out , Libba no good at all , would it hurt to put him back in the centre few times this week ?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I love Morris, but time is also catching up to him.
    I think 'if' we get a May or Lever that might makes things a lot closer for the club. May/Lever, Adams, Fletch & Cordy with Collins improving and Young developing and Roughy seemingly used to pinch hit.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    They threw Boyd on the ball in the VFL Saturday and he was everywhere !
    Forgot he was a mid so quickly I'm ashamed , after that I would say he will come in this week , here's a thought , we are struggling in the midfield , Jong out , Libba no good at all , would it hurt to put him back in the centre few times this week ?
    As much as I love Boydy, I hope not.

He's still a great player and leader, but the step up in the pace of the game from VFL to AFL, particularly in the midfield, is immense.

Post Thanks / Like

and his kicking ability is more exposed in the midfield

6. Thanks hujsh thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The midfield is a tough business. It's bang crash in hard all day. This is why Danger and many others do it well they are hard as nails. Our first three mids are Libba,Bont and Macrae. They do well our boys but are getting a hard time for not winning the contested footy. We need blokes like Boyd to have a run through there just to hit in hard a few times. Let the opposition know we are here to play. Next time someone wants to bump and bash into JJ or anyone else send Boyd to tag them for five minutes and see how tough the really are. Our team unfortunately is being bullied at the moment and other teams know this. Boyd and Cordy need to be in the team. We play finals footy, as we all know the game changes to a hard slog in finals. Remember when you played, everyone stood taller when your toughest player was in the team. It's the same game but at a greater level. Boyd you want to get to 300 games. Go out there and hurt some opposition players. Not illegally. But hit those tackles and bumps hard.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    As much as I love Boydy, I hope not.

He's still a great player and leader, but the step up in the pace of the game from VFL to AFL, particularly in the midfield, is immense.
    Not like he doesn't know it !
    Problem is playing in the backline he is either chasing another player to the ball or running off.
    He still knows how to get the ball even if it's just for a few minutes a qtr let him loose, VFL or AFL he can still read where the ball is
    And get it . His kicking isn't a problem if he is in under handballing out.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Oh and his leadership telling players what's doing really stood out as well Saturday afternoon.
    Libba doesn't do that and is hardly getting a touch at the moment.
    Seriously we aren't getting near the ball in the centre at a qtr a game at least. Throw him in I say see what happens and surprise the opposition they won't be expecting it . Won't die wondering with Boyd that's for sure.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

FWIW BF guy with good sources says the Bombers are into Webb and the Tigers have offered Redpath 2 years on good money.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I can see Richmond looking at 2nd forward options, and interest in Webb .
    That BF bloke reckons stkilda and Norf are throwing significant contracts Lever's way .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Oh and his leadership telling players what's doing really stood out as well Saturday afternoon.
    Libba doesn't do that and is hardly getting a touch at the moment.
    Seriously we aren't getting near the ball in the centre at a qtr a game at least. Throw him in I say see what happens and surprise the opposition they won't be expecting it . Won't die wondering with Boyd that's for sure.
    He's just to slow to be honest .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    FWIW BF guy with good sources says the Bombers are into Webb and the Tigers have offered Redpath 2 years on good money.
    Just remember we lose a few in retirement next year and Webb will Fit right in with us I imagine.
    Redpath is interesting with his knees , hate to see him go but maybe we only gave him a year to see how he went when he came back and will offer him better if he goes ok , personally I think we will keep both if big red gets through this year.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Jeez don't north and the saints look desperate. Throwing coin around hoping it'll stick somewhere. Does this indicate Kelly is joining the dog-i mean staying.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    BF discussion should stay on BF.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

16. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    BF discussion should stay on BF.
    That guy along with one or two others has good sources. Works for the swans.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.