Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  14
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: FoxSports - GWS Giants poach Western Bulldogs football analyst as rivalry continues to grow

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Interesting development.

I was at a function,in March 2016 (late in the pre-season) after we had played a game at Craigieburn against Melbourne. Bevo made a comment that night, that Melbourne were copying our 2015 plays (and even calling them by the same names) after recruiting our analyst from 2015.

He said then, that it was of no concern as we had already moved on from those plays.

I suspect that 2017 will provide a similar outcome as we evolve.

You can never get ahead by copying what others do.
    Or what they did previously in this case

Post Thanks / Like

Re: FoxSports - GWS Giants poach Western Bulldogs football analyst as rivalry continues to grow

Given we know how much Bevo hates the expansion clubs poaching our staff (see his reaction to our former fitness head man leaving for GC) this may also have the unintended effect of motivating Bevo to innovate and change the game plan even more than he may have, had his staff remained in place.

Suck on that GWS.

Post Thanks / Like

Love the AFL funding the Giants to poach our staff. Interesting take on equalisation!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Love the AFL funding the Giants to poach our staff. Interesting take on equalisation!

Funny old world.

I still say that as premiers we should be able to force the GWS players to come down here and line up while we unfurl our premiership flag. I don't really care if the Swans players didn't want to bother. But the GWS players for sure.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

5. Likes Raw Toast liked this post