Thanks Thanks:  420
Likes Likes:  323
Page 19 of 46 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Events Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Events Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Season Launch and Hall of Fame

Time: 6.30pm
    Date: Tuesday 13th March 2018
    Venue: Plenary, Melbourne Convention Exhibition Centre
    Dress: Neat Casual (no denim)

Event Sold Out.

This year the club has decided to change it up for the season launch. I will be there as usual. Anyone else going?
    I was offered a ticket but I had something else on.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

How's the Season Launch going for woofers that went along?
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    How's the Season Launch going for woofers that went along?
    I enjoyed the night mingling with current players and past players It was great to see Gary Dempsey, Brian Royal, Terry Wheeler to name a few. I personally didn't like the venue and prefer a table and a meal at the Crown. This year the event was at the Conference Centre and started off with drinks and finger food in a large area which to me was too large as every one was spread out the entire length of the venue.

We then went into the auditorium, bit like a lecture theatre at Uni, and the players were presented with their jumpers. Sam Lane was the MC for the night and did a fantastic job. We heard speech's from Ameet Bains, Bevo and briefly from Bob. Bob came on later to introduce the Hall of Fame segment.

We then went out again and had more food and drinks before going back to the auditorium for the Hall of Fame presentations.

Overall, everyone was very positive about the season ahead and there was plenty of opportunities to talk to players if you wanted to.

David Smorgon was inducted into the Hall of Fame, and Peter Gordon with Alan Johnstone presenting his award. David said in his speech no individual person is responsible for keeping the club afoalt in those bad years, he said everyone has played a part.

Peter finished the night with a short speech and had a go at the media and social forums. He stressed that it is in the media's DNA to write us off, but it is up to the supporters to not create an atmosphere of negativity and to support the club and be positive. He also mentioned that no individual is bigger than the club.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Thanks josie, Twodogs, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Did Susan Alberti attend?
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Did Susan Alberti attend?
    I didn't see her.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't see her.
    I had a good look around and I didn't see her either.
    I bleed Red,White & Blue

Post Thanks / Like

I enjoyed the night mingling with current players and past players It was great to see Gary Dempsey, Brian Royal, Terry Wheeler to name a few. I personally didn't like the venue and prefer a table and a meal at the Crown. This year the event was at the Conference Centre and started off with drinks and finger food in a large area which to me was too large as every one was spread out the entire length of the venue.

We then went into the auditorium, bit like a lecture theatre at Uni, and the players were presented with their jumpers. Sam Lane was the MC for the night and did a fantastic job. We heard speech's from Ameet Bains, Bevo and briefly from Bob. Bob came on later to introduce the Hall of Fame segment.

We then went out again and had more food and drinks before going back to the auditorium for the Hall of Fame presentations.

Overall, everyone was very positive about the season ahead and there was plenty of opportunities to talk to players if you wanted to.

David Smorgon was inducted into the Hall of Fame, and Peter Gordon with Alan Johnstone presenting his award. David said in his speech no individual person is responsible for keeping the club afoalt in those bad years, he said everyone has played a part.

Peter finished the night with a short speech and had a go at the media and social forums. He stressed that it is in the media's DNA to write us off, but it is up to the supporters to not create an atmosphere of negativity and to support the club and be positive. He also mentioned that no individual is bigger than the club.
    Me-yow!

Post Thanks / Like

Forgt to mention Easton Wood was awarded life membership of the club.

10. Likes Twodogs, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Luke Beveridge always great to listen to - full speech here

12. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Liked that speech from Bevo.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Max469 View Post
    I had a good look around and I didn't see her either.
    I really hope someday that Peter and Susan come together resolve the issues. Susan is such an important person to our club.

Post Thanks / Like

Watched the speeches from the Season Launch from the Hall and famers.

Great stuff!

Post Thanks / Like

A look Inside The Kennel

Tickets are now available for the Western Bulldogs second Inside the Kennel event for 2018, on Tuesday 19th June at The Yarraville Club.

With a line-up of Bulldogs fan favourites and rising stars locked in for the night, fans can expect to gain an inside look to the Club through the eyes of Western Bulldogs players and coaching staff.

Fans will hear from a panel including Western Bulldogs captain Easton Wood, alongside players Jack Redpath, Mitch Wallis, Bailey Williams, Pat Lipinski and Bailey Dale.

Former Western Bulldogs player and current assistant coach Daniel Giansiracusa will also join the panel, alongside development coach Jamie Maddocks to provide exclusive insight into the growth of the Club’s young list.

Tickets start from $50 and include a two-course meal at The Yarraville Club.

For more information and to purchase tickets, please visit westernbulldogs.com.au/events

Date: Tuesday 19th June 2018
    Time: 6:30pm – 8:30pm

Price:
    Western Bulldogs Social Club Member $50 p/p
    Western Bulldogs Member $60 p/p
    Non-Member $70 p/p
    Child $35 p/p

17. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A look Inside The Kennel

Tickets are now available for the Western Bulldogs second Inside the Kennel event for 2018, on Tuesday 19th June at The Yarraville Club.

With a line-up of Bulldogs fan favourites and rising stars locked in for the night, fans can expect to gain an inside look to the Club through the eyes of Western Bulldogs players and coaching staff.

Fans will hear from a panel including Western Bulldogs captain Easton Wood, alongside players Jack Redpath, Mitch Wallis, Bailey Williams, Pat Lipinski and Bailey Dale.

Former Western Bulldogs player and current assistant coach Daniel Giansiracusa will also join the panel, alongside development coach Jamie Maddocks to provide exclusive insight into the growth of the Club’s young list.

Tickets start from $50 and include a two-course meal at The Yarraville Club.

For more information and to purchase tickets, please visit westernbulldogs.com.au/events

Date: Tuesday 19th June 2018
    Time: 6:30pm – 8:30pm

Price:
    Western Bulldogs Social Club Member $50 p/p
    Western Bulldogs Member $60 p/p
    Non-Member $70 p/p
    Child $35 p/p
    That's outstanding value. A fiddy for food and football.

Post Thanks / Like

Went to the players sponsors night at Crown, good night but not as good as previous ones I have attended. It needs just a bit of a spark. I won't bang on about the night too much and will just give you all some of the headlines.

Nick Truelson did the introduction. Player Sponsorship levels way up. When Nick joined the club we had about 150 now it's closer to 450. I think it generates about 700K in revenue. 21 new player sponsors this year. They all got a special mention.
    He talked about some of the projects and initiatives the club is working on including the sons and daughters of the west programmes.
    Some exciting things happening regarding the development of the Whitten Oval facility.

There were two panels of players that are interviewed, Morris, Gowers and Lipinski were first up and they talked really well. Morris is an inspiration, Gowers came across as a very genuine guy and a bit of character and Lipinski is settling into life as a footballer.

Suckling, Hunter and Dunkley were up later and they talked about golf and some of their leisure activities, Suckling is right into Photography and fashion and is doing a course on taking photo's, Hunter is doing carpentry along with about 6 or 7 other players and Dunkley is doing a business management course.

Most of the players are heading off for a few days in a warmer climate, some are off to Byron Bay and Brisbane and one or two other locations.

Presentations to the sponsors who have been there for 5, 10, 15, 20 and even 25 years. Think about it, some people have been part of the player sponsors group for 25 years. Unreal.

Got to meet a few of the players, Biggs was by far the most friendly and in what is a very friendly playing list. Rookies like Nathan Mullenger-McHugh mixed so well with the people on his table and then the experienced hands like Dale Morris treats everyone like they're his best mates.

Very impressed by the quality of the players representing our club they all have terrific social skills.

There you go a short and sharp summary.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

20. Likes cinder liked this post