Thanks Thanks:  420
Likes Likes:  323
Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Events Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Events Thread

Quote Originally Posted by dadsgirl16 View Post
    Had a great night..Stewart Crameri at our table and he was a really nice guy..remembering all our names at the end of the night.
    Bevo's speech was brilliant as you have no doubt heard by now he introduced Dr Suess to the assembled..he really is quite special.
    Wasn't rapt in the MC..ok I guess but made quite a few mistakes...wandered around the room and our players are very accomodating
    and all lovely young men!
    Stewie for the brief moment when I got his autograph at the fan day seemed nice along with Bob and the others who I got autographs from.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Went along last night to a sellout 2017 Season Launch. Total attendance was 1260, the most ever for the club and the atmosphere was electric.

All players were in attendance except Roarke Smith and were presented with their jumpers from Bevo and the great Simon Beasely.

The night was hosted by Seb Costello, who did a pretty good job. Peter Gordon kicked things off with a welcome and recap of how we have got to where we are.

The speech of the night was from Bevo, and what a speech, what a motivator of people. As soon as a copy of the vision is up on the club website, do yourself a favour and listen/Watch it. He is certainly one from left field.

With so many in attendance, I was worried we wouldn't have a player on our table, plus this year I ended up at the back on table 98, but when I saw Irene Chatfield on our table, I knew we would have a player.

Bailey Williams joined us and had a very good chat to him.

Some points I can remember:

* Team is extremely hard to crack into - he seemed to be a bit worried about it, especially with Bob, JJ and MBoyd in the team. I said to him, as long as he keeps playing well, there will always be an injury of sorts and he will get a game. He also has to think of the long term and not just this year. He said he is still 19 years old.

* New guys have all slotted in well. The only one having any issues is Fergus Greene, with a few niggley injuries and hasn't had a good run.

* He lives with Roarke and one other player (can't remember) and they are good mates. He also hangs around with Libba.

* Loves living in Melbourne. When he first arrived his mother called him every day and in the end he had to tell her to ease off as he didn't have the time.

* He is at the club every single day, except Wednesday and Sunday.

* He is doing a Business Course at VU

- Libba was sitting at the next table and was constantly interrupted by autograph hunters. Managed a quick photo and chat - very funny guy.

- The Bont had people lining up to get their photo with him.

- There was a panel of players on stage and they were asked various questions - nothing really to report.

Overall a positive night and looking forward to the season ahead
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Luke Beveridge adapts Dr Seuss poem ‘Oh, the Places You’ll Go’ at Western Bulldogs season launch

THERE was no cat in a hat at last night’s Western Bulldogs season launch, but a Dog in a suit channelled his inner poet ahead of the team’s premiership defence.

Coach Luke Beveridge — known to draw the occasional left-of-centre parallel to football, famously using an analogy from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory during last year’s season — last night donned his Dr Seuss hat, reciting verses of the famed ‘Oh, The Places You’ll Go’ to describe the lead-in to the season.

And the room was enthralled.

“Our great friend and surgeon — I don’t know if he’s in the room tonight — Dr David Young alerted me to the fact that in 1990, the wise and wonderful Theodore Geisel, nickname Dr Seuss, wrote a book about the Bulldogs called ‘Oh, The Places You’ll Go’,” Beveridge said, completely straight-faced.

“Like the great Nostradamus, Dr Seuss’ foresight was supernatural and uncanny.

“He wrote some paragraphs that not only applied at the end of 2014, but projected in a perpetual way to once again describe our circumstances:

“You will come to a place where the streets are not marks, some windows are lighted but mostly they’re darked.

“A place you could sprain both your elbow and chin!

“Do you dare to stay out? Do you dare to go in?

“How much can you lose? How much can you win?

“And IF you go in, if you could turn left or right, or right and three-quarters? Or maybe not quite?

“Or go around the back and sneak in from behind?

“Simple it’s not, I’m afraid you will find,

for a mind-maker-upper to make up his mind.

“So I said to the players at the end of 2016, when we start our current campaign — everything’s changed, but nothing changes.

“We draw on our strength from within, and we will mark the streets, we will light the windows, we will dare to go in, risk losing to win. We won’t take shortcuts — and do it all with a grin.

“We can’t make any promises, we know we can improve. Who knows, it may be more difficult.

“But, the places we can go, there is fun to be done. There are points to be scored, there are games to be won. And the magical things we can do with that ball, can once again make us the winningest winner of all.”

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Thanks N/A, Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reports, loved the speech.
    My new sig.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Thanks for the reports, loved the speech.
    My new sig.
    Bugger!!

7. Likes Hotdog60 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bevo's Speech:

9. Thanks N/A, Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Buy Tickets here

Post Thanks / Like

From the Club
    Join us at the second edition of Inside the Kennel for 2017.

Inside The Kennel events are a must for all Bulldogs fans that want to get an insider’s perspective on their club.

Guests will enjoy a delicious two course meal, with drinks available at bar prices, while hearing from members of the Western Bulldogs playing group and coaching staff.

Date: Tuesday 13th June
    Time: 6:30pm – 8:30pm

Price:
    $45 – Social Club members
    $55 – Members
    $65 – Non-members
    $35 – Children

This is your chance to hear from Skipper Robert Murphy and premiership players Josh Dunkley and Lachie Hunter. You will also hear from Western Bulldogs Backline VFL coach Steve Grace.

Click here to book.
    For any enquiries you may call the Western Bulldogs events line on 9680 6199

Post Thanks / Like

Did any woofers go to the Inside the Kennel event?
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Legends & Young Guns 2017

Picken, Cordy, Jong, Dale, Cloke

This night promises to be a highlight on the calendar of any die-hard supporter.
    Special guests this year include President Peter Gordon, Vice-President Kylie Watson-Wheeler, club legends Terry Wallace, Scott West and Daniel Cross Kevin Hillier hosts the function and it will also of-fer every guest the opportunity to take home some unique prizes in the raffle.

Tickets are $75 for East-West members and $80 for guests which includes a delicious three-course meal and drinks at bar prices. To reserve your place, please call

Rhonda Caulfield on 0408 511 107. Bookings close on Monday, 24 July.

Event Details

When: Thursday, 27 July 2017 Time: 7:00pm for 7.30pm start

Where: Mulgrave Country Club, Wheelers Hill Address: Cnr Wellington & Jells Roads, Wheelers Hill

14. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

One for the Qld supporters.

I have booked a table at the German Club for the Qld based supporters attending the game vs the Lions on the 5/8.

Table is booked for 12:30 and food will be Available for lunch.

The more the merrier

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    One for the Qld supporters.

I have booked a table at the German Club for the Qld based supporters attending the game vs the Lions on the 5/8.

Table is booked for 12:30 and food will be Available for lunch.

The more the merrier
    Normally I'd be right there SD as I'm a member of the German Club, but I'm planning on taking my 4 year old son to see the Doggies for this year's game at the GABBA. Maybe next year if it lines up!
    The Rissoles, mash, vege & Sauerkraut is a great hearty meal. The pig knuckle is immense too!

17. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Normally I'd be right there SD as I'm a member of the German Club, but I'm planning on taking my 4 year old son to see the Doggies for this year's game at the GABBA. Maybe next year if it lines up!
    The Rissoles, mash, vege & Sauerkraut is a great hearty meal. The pig knuckle is immense too!
    Hoping to make it a annual thing if possible. Ashamedly I've not been to the German club so very excited to try the food

Post Thanks / Like

Not a club event but I'm attending A Night With Matthew (Boyd) & Bob tomorrow night at the Newborough Pub.

20. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Not a club event but I'm attending A Night With Matthew (Boyd) & Bob tomorrow night at the Newborough Pub.
    That sounds great. Will be cool to have a beer with Boydy and Bob.