Thanks Thanks:  21
Likes Likes:  96
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Bulldogs - Lewis Young

He reminds me a bit of a young Jade Rawlings so I think there is a chance he could be used more as a CHB than forward. He's quicker than Jade though but a bit hesitant once he marks the ball.

If that was to play out in a couple of years time we would have Collins, Cordy and Young as key defenders.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    He reminds me a bit of a young Jade Rawlings so I think there is a chance he could be used more as a CHB than forward. He's quicker than Jade though but a bit hesitant once he marks the ball.

If that was to play out in a couple of years time we would have Collins, Cordy and Young as key defenders.
    Don't see Premiership CHB, Fletcher Roberts as a key defender going ahead?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Don't see Premiership CHB, Fletcher Roberts as a key defender going ahead?
    I knew that would get a quick response. Who really knows with Fletch but I think in 2 years time Collins and Cordy should be ahead of him unless he continues to improve and stay fit.

Post Thanks / Like

Word on the street in A town is that Lewis will get a gig this Thursday night. He is in the extended squad released today(?) and will stay in. Looking forward to seeing some of the new blood play (and in this case where he plays).

5. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck to Lewis Young on Sunday. Probably a good match to debut with Carlton fielding a very young side.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

7. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It will be good to get a sighter of Lewis at this level. Didn't look ready during the pre-season comp (completely understandable and expected). So will be good to see how far he has come imsince then.
    Good luck young man.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to seeing him. Good luck Lewis.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

He's tall, quick off the mark and can take a high mark. Once he learns how to get the ball moving a bit quicker he could easily turn into a solid player for us.

Post Thanks / Like

Well Young hope you have a great game.Always good to see first year players get a game

Post Thanks / Like

Gee this kid is promising. Only slipped into the draft by 11 days and will debut as an 18 year old who is 197 cm, 88 kg. Forcing his way into the firsts this early is a great effort with that body shape. Would be huge if he can do a few useful things. Best of luck to him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    Gee this kid is promising. Only slipped into the draft by 11 days and will debut as an 18 year old who is 197 cm, 88 kg. Forcing his way into the firsts this early is a great effort with that body shape. Would be huge if he can do a few useful things. Best of luck to him.
    He must be close to the youngest Ket Position player to debut for us since Chris Grant.

14. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    He must be close to the youngest Key Position player to debut for us since Chris Grant.
    Chris was born on 13 December and Lewis was born 20 December except Chris debuted age 17, and of course kicking 51 goals - what a year. If Lewis is half as good, we have a star.

PS: Leon Cameron also debuted at age 17 - we had two 17 year olds playing for us in 1990 (of course you know all that, this is for the benefit of our younger posters )

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

16. Thanks Topdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Chris was born on 13 December and Lewis was born 20 December except Chris debuted age 17, and of course kicking 51 goals - what a year. If Lewis is half as good, we have a star.

PS: Leon Cameron also debuted at age 17 - we had two 17 year olds playing for us in 1990 (of course you know all that, this is for the benefit of our younger posters )
    Two weeks between Grant and Cameron's debuts. Can you remember who debuted in the game between? This player was a fair player too.

I had a quick look at any KPs that may have been younger on debut. As well as getting depressed at how few KPs we've actually had (good or bad) since 1990 I could only come up with Daniel Hargreaves's who was only 18 when he played his first game with us.

Post Thanks / Like

Two weeks between Grant and Cameron's debuts. Can you remember who debuted in the game between? This player was a fair player too.

I had a quick look at any KPs that may have been younger on debut. As well as getting depressed at how few KPs we've actually had (good or bad) since 1990 I could only come up with Daniel Hargreaves's who was only 18 when he played his first game with us.
    I don't have a good memory on that one TD.

Yeah we haven't had many KPP over the years.

Post Thanks / Like

I cheated and looked up the answer.

You're right. He was a fair player.