Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Bulldogs - Lewis Young

First Two Games: 37 disposals (8 contested), 19 marks (10 intercept, 3 contested), a handful or two of tackles, rebounds, 1 %'s, inside 50's.

I'm trying to think of a recent teenage KPP of ours with a start like this. Rendering the current premiership captain to the forward pocket while you keep his spot and opponent quiet.
    He'll wrap you in his arms, Tell you that you've been a good boy.
    He'll rekindle all the dreams, It took you a lifetime to destroy.
    He'll reach deep into the hole, Heal your shrinking soul. But there won't be a single thing that you can do.
    He's a god, he's a man, He's a ghost, he's a guru.
    They're whispering his name. Through this disappearing land. But hidden in his coat Is a red right hand.

Post Thanks / Like

Since the 90s, the only 2 KPP size players I can rememer to start this brightly for us at such a young age would be Chris Grant (who was spectacular as a 17 year old, the youngest player ever to kick 50 goals in a season) and Matthew Croft (who I remember getting a heap of possessions and a goal in his first or 2nd game as an 18 year old).

3. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    Since the 90s, the only 2 KPP size players I can rememer to start this brightly for us at such a young age would be Chris Grant (who was spectacular as a 17 year old, the youngest player ever to kick 50 goals in a season) and Matthew Croft (who I remember getting a heap of possessions and a goal in his first or 2nd game as an 18 year old).
    They're the ones that my memory stretches back to, and great company to be in as they're both club greats. We might not have had a heap of exciting talls come in and make a statement in the last 15 or so years, but even Lake, Morris, Shaggy or Roughy (daylight J. Grant, Jones) didn't do it from game 1. Then back it up equally in game 2.

May our SA boys 33, 34 & 35 play many, many games together.
    He'll reach deep into the hole, Heal your shrinking soul. But there won't be a single thing that you can do.
    They're whispering his name. Through this disappearing land. But hidden in his coat Is a red right hand.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe how composed he is when the ball is in the backline.
    Premierships: SENIORS - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, 2014, 2016 . AFL 1954, 2016. RESERVES - 1938, 1945, 1962, 1988, 1994, 1998. UNDER 19S - 1954. Other Premierships - Championship of Victoria 1924. VFL Night Series 1963-64, 1967, 1970. Preseason Cup, 2010.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I can't believe how composed he is when the ball is in the backline.
    You follow the RS nominations. Two weeks resulting in the stats above, does that put him in the mix?

To be overlooked.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    You follow the RS nominations. Two weeks resulting in the stars above, does that put him in the mix?

To be overlooked.
    Bailey Williams in the mix too.
    Premierships: SENIORS - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, 2014, 2016 . AFL 1954, 2016. RESERVES - 1938, 1945, 1962, 1988, 1994, 1998. UNDER 19S - 1954. Other Premierships - Championship of Victoria 1924. VFL Night Series 1963-64, 1967, 1970. Preseason Cup, 2010.

Post Thanks / Like

Young was impressive today, he seems to have so much time and knows where to run to in the right spots. He was involved with a few link ups i the second quarter very impressive. Well done on another good game .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    Promising KPPs have been thin on the ground since back then. Ben Sexton, Keenan Reynolds, Adrian Campbell, Jon Ballantyne, Ijlia Grgic and Zayne Cordy are really the only promising types who showed a bit early are the only young KPP types we have recruited in the last 25 years. It's almost as if once we lost our zones which provided us with KPPs whether we wanted them or not because the best players just came through we became incapable of IDing and recruiting suitable tall players.
    AFL premiers 2016
    VFL premiers 2016

Now it's 1984
    KNOCK KNOCK at your front door
    It's the suede/denim secret police
    They have come for your uncool niece

Post Thanks / Like

Very steady game . Big big positive