Injury List - Preseason 2017

Officially all players back on 5th December, except:

*Easton Wood (ankle reconstruction)

*Tom Boyd (shoulder reconstruction)

*Mitch Wallis (broken leg)

*Jack Redpath (ACL)

Yes Bob is back.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Thanks BornInDroopSt'54, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Injury List - Preseason 2017

Will Prudden be on the track from next week BAD?
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

Post Thanks / Like

So did Jake end up having shoulder surgery?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Smads57 View Post
    Will Prudden be on the track from next week BAD?
    Yes, good point. No Mention on the website, but I guess he will with Bob.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

He was there on Monday in a group which included Daniel

7. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    There had to be something holding him back late this season. Hope it can be addressed, unlike Chris Grant and his stingers/spine problem.
    Footscray Football Republic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Was at Hotel 520 the other week for a GF footy function. M Boyd, Stringer, Johno and Dougy were there.
    Stringer implied that he shoulder was feeling better and he told the club doc. Then he deliberately missed his appointment with the surgeon. So nothing has happened to his shoulder. l hope this was all tongue and cheek and there is nothing wrong with the shoulder.

10. Thanks hujsh, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After the good news with Bob back and in good health, it's excellent to hear Woody is back on track as well and tracking nicely.

Please check out the link with his latest pictures and video. He grew a beard as well. Not sure if he should keep that beard going into the new season.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Western Bulldogs' Easton Wood, home in Camperdown, pleased with surgery rehabilitation

WESTERN Bulldogs premiership captain Easton Wood is confident he will be fit to play in practice matches as he recovers from major ankle surgery.

The rebounding defender will start pre-season training at Whitten Oval on Monday but is already working towards 2017.

Wood, who returned home to Camperdown on Tuesday to speak to students at his former schools about the Bulldogs’ drought-breaking flag, played with the injury throughout their fairytale finals series.

“I’ve been in the club a fair bit because they have a treadmill called an Ultra G treadmill which I can run on,” he said.

“It is a big bubble up to your waist and it pumps a whole lot of air in and you can run at a percentage of your body weight.

“It basically means you can run two weeks earlier than you would be able to it you just ran straight outside.
    “I’ve been on that the last two weeks.”
    Wood, 27, said he had enjoyed a hiccup-free recovery.

“It’s nice to get out of the boot and get moving around,” he said.

“It’s slowly coming along but it’s great – they (the surgeons) did a good job, so it will be a full recovery and I’ll be back to normal.

“I’ll be back into full training around January I think and hopefully I can get enough fitness under my belt to be ready for those pre-season games.”

An overseas holiday with his girlfriend Tiffany gave Wood the perfect opportunity to reflect on the Bulldogs’ first flag in 62 years.

“I aim to do that every year and this year it was as important as ever and as fun as ever,” he said of travelling.

“To go away halfway across the world, it’s really nice, especially after the whirlwind we had.

“To get away from it and get back to normality and just explore another country and people with different lives and upbringing was great.”

The 2015 All-Australian expects the Bulldogs to take the premiership hype in their stride.

“It is still surreal for me, that’s for sure, and when I get back there on Monday and everybody is in, it’ll be interesting to gauge the feel of the place,” he said.

“But I can only imagine it’s going to be very positive.”

Wood made a whirlwind visit to the south-west on Tuesday, pencilling in visits to Camperdown Primary School and Camperdown College before lunch with his mother Fiona for her birthday.

The 107-game veteran said it was a humbling experience.
    “One of the teachers, Vicki Angus, sent me a photo from the primary school,” he said.

“They’d done a bollard up with me on the bollard which was quite lovely, so I thought it was a good chance and probably important to come back and speak to the kids.

“It was great. I reckon some of the teachers were more excited.
    “It was so lovely to see them; I hadn’t seen them in such a long time but they were honestly a big part of my life growing up.”
    It always seems impossible until it's done. Nelson Mandela

12. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Likes Remi Moses, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't even know that Caleb Daniel went under the knifes..
    https://au.sports.yahoo.com/afl/a/33...-in-afl/#page1
    Last edited by choconmientay; 02-12-2016 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Bloddy mobile phone keyboard

14. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by choconmientay View Post
    Didn't even know that Caleb Daniel went inder the knifes..
    https://au.sports.yahoo.com/afl/a/33...-in-afl/#page1
    The club communications has dropped off dramtically this year compared to last. Supporters want to know how the players are going and what they are doing. I bet there were a few others that went under the knife, that we don't know about.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    The club communications has dropped off dramtically this year compared to last. Supporters want to know how the players are going and what they are doing. I bet there were a few others that went under the knife, that we don't know about.

https://www.reddit.com/r/westernbull...el_to_undergo/

Defender Dale Morris played the game out with two fractures in his back while a number of key players including Tom Boyd, Jake Stringer and Caleb Daniel carried issues which will require surgery in the coming weeks.
    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...877a19e9367c43
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

17. Thanks Eastdog, bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What great warriors they all are
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Bont still in a moon boot, no idea what the issue is.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Bont still in a moon boot, no idea what the issue is.
    Did you saw him BAD or it's reported somewhere?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by choconmientay View Post
    Did you saw him BAD or it's reported somewhere?
    Someone mentioned it on the forum, but heard Peter Gordon talk about it this morning but gave no detail.