Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  13
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2017 Player Watch: Lin Jong

He'll be back and I'm tipping earlier than expected .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Well said, how touching was it to see his mother give him a hug yesterday? He's got a great support team around him
    Spoke to his mum at a Footscray game . Lovely person

Post Thanks / Like

Kind of side issue. On the coverage Brad Johnson pretty much said no one player (ex. maybe Bailey Dale) had improved upon their 2016 form. I think Jong is a clear improver and was disappointed that Johno wouldn't or didn't pay Jong that compliment.

Johno gets a 'anchor' for that.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Well said, how touching was it to see his mother give him a hug yesterday? He's got a great support team around him
    It was very nice to see that even in the big boy macho football world there is still room for the comfort and solace of a mother's embrace.
    Its one of the features i really admire about our group in general.
    The no dickheads policy that was in vogue even before Bevo took over creates a very familial atmosphere around the club. At times it can produce negative outcomes on the field -like when we gave up a 55 point lead against the Saints back in 2015 following Clay's reinjuring of his knee. However its thatsame genuine feeling for each that i think played a big part in our success in September last year.
    I hope the lads can use that again to overcome their current malaise. Because they are only going to come out the other side if they rekindle that spirit of togetherness.

Post Thanks / Like

BEst wishes to JOng for a speedy recovery . HIs in good hands with our experIciend staff and great supportive people who know all about recos.
    NOthing more humble and comforting than mums big hug , well maybe if you got 40 mates around you and the whole club.

I am a big fan of Jong and wants him to achieve his potential

Agree anchor on Johnno for missng improvement in our list especially for Lin. Williams has one who has improved.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    It was very nice to see that even in the big boy macho football world there is still room for the comfort and solace of a mother's embrace.
    Its one of the features i really admire about our group in general.
    The no dickheads policy that was in vogue even before Bevo took over creates a very familial atmosphere around the club. At times it can produce negative outcomes on the field -like when we gave up a 55 point lead against the Saints back in 2015 following Clay's reinjuring of his knee. However its thatsame genuine feeling for each that i think played a big part in our success in September last year.
    I hope the lads can use that again to overcome their current malaise. Because they are only going to come out the other side if they rekindle that spirit of togetherness.

Lin Jong is a westy and us westy boys all love our mums. Nine times out of ten our mum is the only one we listen to and the only one who can talk any sense into us big tough blokes. Wetern suburban boys and their mums are inseparable. I can remember telling my dad what I'd *!*!*!*!ing do to him if he kept talking about my mum like that when he was whinging about the old dear one day. He looked quite shocked.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Lin Jong is a westy and us westy boys all love our mums. Nine times out of ten our mum is the only one we listen to and the only one who can talk any sense into us big tough blokes. Wetern suburban boys and their mums are inseparable. I can remember telling my dad what I'd *!*!*!*!ing do to him if he kept talking about my mum like that when he was whinging about the old dear one day. He looked quite shocked.
    He's actually from Glen Waverley which I believe is firmly in the East unless we are using a reference point that is not Melbourne.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    He's actually from Glen Waverley which I believe is firmly in the East unless we are using a reference point that is not Melbourne.
    There you go. I thought Lin was from St Albans.

9. Likes soupman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

Hmm. I wonder what number she has on her jumper? I can see a six sticking out. Lukey D's #6 maybe? Or she might be a Magic Maclean devotee, or Declan Hamilton or Brad Lynch?

Post Thanks / Like

So sad for Jongy. Was enjoying his continual improvement, speed and bravery. Looking forward to his return early next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Hmm. I wonder what number she has on her jumper? I can see a six sticking out. Lukey D's #6 maybe? Or she might be a Magic Maclean devotee, or Declan Hamilton or Brad Lynch?
    Cheeky.

Remember that video of Lin's mum jumping up and down in the loungeroom after the win in Sydney 2 years ago?

https://twitter.com/LinJong46/status/594668314523086850

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Cheeky.

Remember that video of Lin's mum jumping up and down in the loungeroom after the win in Sydney 2 years ago?

https://twitter.com/LinJong46/status/594668314523086850
    Great Passion
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.