Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  6
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dogs Shuffle Assistant Coaches

I'm not sure the coaching panel changing could be attributed to some of our players attitude or inconsistent output

Post Thanks / Like

The article shows the shuffle of the job titles. I've heard that Brett Montgomery played the 'bad cop' assistant coach and had no problem with it, to the good cop assistants and head coach around him. Obviously Monty went chasing a job and is no longer with us. I'd love to know if we have replaced his unofficial role or whether we decided we didn't need a forceful, direct and honest 'bad cop' to contrast the the great 'good cops' still there?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I think we can pretty much blame Gia. He's been an escape goat (sic) for his entire career much like he was for our forward issues last year until we started being efficient, so let's just lose our optimism as a supporter group and revert to type!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Seriously though, all support coaches don't work autonomously.

Each would have set training and guidance schedules approved by Bevo, it's the basic governance each AFL club coach implements to allow them to be higher level but in contact rather than micro-managing which the modern game forbids.

It's where the good communicator/good person attributes come into it, you only need your communicator or receiver to be not in line with your values in those areas and things can fall apart. If we have the same group as last year communicating the message, then it's likely the issue is on the receiver side........that's if there's an issue at all.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.