• Expect bluff, he'll be a rookie

10 47.62%
  • Don't want him at all

4 19.05%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jayden Foster

Post Thanks / Like

Jayden Foster

If Carlton will take him after Zaine's selection, do we take him, risk it or expect to rookie him?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jayden Foster

Stick to our original plan, which was to not draft him.

If he makes it to the rookie draft and we want him there take him as a rookie. If Carlton rate him higher than us then they can have him.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Carlton seem very keen on second rate talls at the moment.

Would rookie Foster, but not use 46.

4. Likes F'scary liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't want him at all. His endurance appears to be very ordinary, blew up in 2nd half of the TAC grand final. Doesn't have the strongest hands either, for a KPF.

Post Thanks / Like

Shame though it may be, its nostalgia that is driving the Foster push. Trust Macca et al that they have done their homework.

Post Thanks / Like

Foster going to Carlton with 63. Done.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck to him
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

We were foolish not to nominate him. I think we'll regret it...

It's hard to have faith on a night where we've drafted just one player above 6 foot..!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post

It's hard to have faith on a night where we've drafted just one player above 6 foot..!
    We could have nominated him as rookie selection couldn't we?

I'm like you Webby. I feel our selections were very short sited. No pun intended.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    We could have nominated him as rookie selection couldn't we?

I'm like you Webby. I feel our selections were very short sited. No pun intended.
    If we nominated him as a rookie selection, Carlton still had the opportunity to select him in the ND so nothing changes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    If we nominated him as a rookie selection, Carlton still had the opportunity to select him in the ND so nothing changes.
    Ahh OK. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Your opinion and you are entitled to it, Foster is a wait and see, not convinced you can be so sure we will come to regret not taking him. Regarding your lack of faith in the lack of height drafted tonight, I believe that the trade period addressed some of your concerns with Boyd 199cms, Hamling 195cm, and Cordy 192cm joining the club. Tonight seemed to be about improving some glaring ground level weaknesses notably decision making and disposal efficiency which I am sure is a concern for most on here.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitcha View Post
    Your opinion and you are entitled to it, Foster is a wait and see, not convinced you can be so sure we will come to regret not taking him. Regarding your lack of faith in the lack of height drafted tonight, I believe that the trade period addressed some of your concerns with Boyd 199cms, Hamling 195cm, and Cordy 192cm joining the club. Tonight seemed to be about improving some glaring ground level weaknesses notably decision making and disposal efficiency which I am sure is a concern for most on here.
    Good post, Mitcha.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitcha View Post
    We've been undersized since the late 1970's. Constantly one or two talls short of a genuine flag shot, so forgive my frustration.

And during that time, I've seen a bloke called Peter Foster RULE our half back line for the best part of 8 or 9 seasons as a late bloomer. Then his son (a kid with a big frame and good hands who topped the TAC Cup goal kicking last season) not get nominated with a pick 70/something under the F/S rule... Forgive my disappointment on that one, too!

Particularly when we've got Dahlhaus, Hunter, Honeychurch and Hrovat already... I really do hope we rookie list some talls.. Foster would've been nice.... But we rolled the dice tonight and lost on that front. Disappointing.

Post Thanks / Like

We've been undersized since the late 1970's. Constantly one or two talls short of a genuine flag shot, so forgive my frustration.

And during that time, I've seen a bloke called Peter Foster RULE our half back line for the best part of 8 or 9 seasons as a late bloomer. Then his son (a kid with a big frame and good hands who topped the TAC Cup goal kicking last season) not get nominated with a pick 70/something under the F/S rule... Forgive my disappointment on that one, too!

Particularly when we've got Dahlhaus, Hunter, Honeychurch and Hrovat already... I really do hope we rookie list some talls.. Foster would've been nice.... But we rolled the dice tonight and lost on that front. Disappointing.
    Seriously!!!! The draft has been an overwhelming success for our club! CLASS! CLASS and more CLASS!! We have enough big blokes!!! In the centre bounce it will be a toss up weather Bonti , Macrae , or Minsen will go in the ruck!! Whoever it is will give it to a classy mid.......just watch Mclean , Jong , Hrovat or Daniels use their skills. Cannot wait till 2015

17. Likes F'scary liked this post