Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  69
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Favourite GF presentation moments

I've just finished watching the GF and the post-match presentation on Foxtel for about the 15th time - it was on again just now. We've dissected the actual GF to within an inch of its life, but what were everyone's favourite moments from the post-GF presentation coverage? I'll nominate the Easton Wood interview with Ling, where he was completely overwhelmed and holding onto his mothers hand - such a beautiful and natural moment between mother and son. There are so many other brilliant moments, from the emotional to the comical - this will be fun, over to you woofers...
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

2. Likes Bulldog4life, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favourite GF presentation moments

The roar when Tom Boyd's name was read to receive his Premiership medal was incredible. At the time I thought I would never hear a crowd that loud again ... the Bevo called Bob up on to the stage.
    WOOF Member 422

4. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was holding it together until Bevo called Bob Murphy onto the stage as he was taking the medal of his own neck. I always knew It would be an emotional moment when they cup was held aloft for the first time but I didn't think it would be that emotional. The look of pure joy on Bob's face when he and Easton hold up the cup is priceless.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    The roar when Tom Boyd's name was read to receive his Premiership medal was incredible. At the time I thought I would never hear a crowd that loud again ... the Bevo called Bob up on to the stage.
    His long goal nearly wrecked the joint. Ling said it was the most noise he'd ever heard there and he's been there a bit.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    His long goal nearly wrecked the joint. Ling said it was the most noise he'd ever heard there and he's been there a bit.
    l heard or read somewhere that the noise was so loud that it caused dust to dislodge from the roof and float down onto the crowd!

Post Thanks / Like

The whole thing was so emotional. l loved Wood doing snow angles in the confetti. Just showed how elated he was .

But also love this picture because the kid in between Stinger and Dahl with the painted face is my youngest son.
    l have had a copy of the photo signed by Stinger and M Boyd and will have framed for him.

Post Thanks / Like

I remember a 5 second (if that) camera shot of a spent Liam Picken on his back in the company of only his wife and young children. He had a look of complete satisfaction that was moving and somehow summed the moment up beautifully. Maybe not my very favourite, but a small one I'd like to add to the list.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Dogs Bollocks View Post
    l heard or read somewhere that the noise was so loud that it caused dust to dislodge from the roof and float down onto the crowd!
    Reverberations as the Western Suburbs erupted!
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

The whole thing was so emotional. l loved Wood doing snow angles in the confetti. Just showed how elated he was .

But also love this picture because the kid in between Stinger and Dahl with the painted face is my youngest son.
    l have had a copy of the photo signed by Stinger and M Boyd and will have framed for him

That is brilliant. I'd give anything to have my kids in a photo like that. Straight to the pool room!
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

12. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    That is brilliant. I'd give anything to have my kids in a photo like that. Straight to the pool room!
    I know. What was that little kid to the left on Jakes ankle doing! Praying for the Bont to come over?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post

My wife's favourite moment was just after the long goal, when McLean jumped on Tom's back and Tom just kept running like there was only a fly on his back.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

One of those moment:

Still bring out a smile every time I look at it

It always seems impossible until it's done. Nelson Mandela

16. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes bulldogtragic, Sedat, Eastdog, The Doctor, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    I've just finished watching the GF and the post-match presentation on Foxtel for about the 15th time - it was on again just now. We've dissected the actual GF to within an inch of its life, but what were everyone's favourite moments from the post-GF presentation coverage? I'll nominate the Easton Wood interview with Ling, where he was completely overwhelmed and holding onto his mothers hand - such a beautiful and natural moment between mother and son. There are so many other brilliant moments, from the emotional to the comical - this will be fun, over to you woofers...
    Not that exact moment but this picture highlight the emotion you described in your post:

18. Likes Sedat, The Doctor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I was holding it together until Bevo called Bob Murphy onto the stage as he was taking the medal of his own neck. I always knew It would be an emotional moment when they cup was held aloft for the first time but I didn't think it would be that emotional. The look of pure joy on Bob's face when he and Easton hold up the cup is priceless.
    I still love to go back to all the GF pictures and re-live that exact moment:

20. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Likes The Doctor, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    I remember a 5 second (if that) camera shot of a spent Liam Picken on his back in the company of only his wife and young children. He had a look of complete satisfaction that was moving and somehow summed the moment up beautifully. Maybe not my very favourite, but a small one I'd like to add to the list.
    I love his smile ...

and I love the love for his partner ...

22. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes Sedat, The Doctor, N/A liked this post