Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  69
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favourite GF presentation moments

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Good call on Bubba's face. His punching the ground in 1997 is etched in my memory, but his beaming smile in 2016 is the antidote.

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Thanks bulldogtragic, N/A thanked for this post
    Likes choconmientay, Sedat, The Doctor, N/A, Smads57 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

^^

Perfect.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Dogs Bollocks View Post
    l heard or read somewhere that the noise was so loud that it caused dust to dislodge from the roof and float down onto the crowd!
    Several commentators on the day (Mark Howard on MMM was one) said it was as loud as they have ever heard it.....i don't think i really realised as i was too invested in the game. Also said it may never be that loud again. Mostly because it would be very rare to have a grand final where a) neutrals give a dam about the outcome and b) 90% of the stadium is going for the same team and c)its been 62 years since that team won the flag

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by choconmientay View Post
    I love his smile ...

and I love the love for his partner ...
    My wife loved this after the win, she has a soft spot for Picken as she follows Pick's Mrs (Uncanny Anny) on facebook.

Post Thanks / Like

It got pretty insane there toward the end. So intense. The best moment was Boyds long bomb. One second Buddy's bounding through the middle next second we're all standing up willing the ball through.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    It got pretty insane there toward the end. So intense. The best moment was Boyds long bomb. One second Buddy's bounding through the middle next second we're all standing up willing the ball through.
    Were you at the end the ball bounced through? = Cheer Squad end

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought the loudest moment was Picken's second goal - from 35m out - after the minute long pressure footy. Was an enormous build up and a huge roar.

In terms of the GF presentation moments - I quite like Roughy getting up and getting the Auskick kid to wave at the camera with him. Mr Nice guy big Rough.

9. Likes Sedat, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

11. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Is this a sad moment in one way? - have a look at top right hand corner. Bob walking away head down.

Post Thanks / Like

Let's call it poignant, not sad -- couldn't have any sadness on that day.

14. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I liked seeing the Auskick kids and the young Pickens playing in the confetti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Were you at the end the ball bounced through? = Cheer Squad end
    No the other end. It was a bit funny cos we all turned our heads from live to big screen as one to see. We could see it was a huge kick but it was going to bounce. Then everyone went very quiet for a half second as we watched the nig off break on the big screen then it was time to dance.

Is this a sad moment in one way? - have a look at top right hand corner. Bob walking away head down.

Maybe he's sending a text?
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

I was up in Level 4 for our Grand Final and unfortunately my phone battery went down but I have pics from the GF training session from WO and the GF parade.

From the post GF celebrations I would say Bevo's speech was very good and when they did the lap around the G with our cup - remember when Bob was going around punching his chest just amazing. Saw the Easton Wood confetti moment. The played some AC/DC at the end of the celebrations.

Choco = woof photo King great pics mate also BAD is quite close as well.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Great that he will be going around again very soon.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

God, so many. Loved watching the footage, when Bont receives his medal, he can be heard talking to the young(er) kid... 'Do you wanna shake my hand? Good on ya, ya little cutie!"... love it every time I see it. 20 years old, speaks like a grizzled veteran.

I also loved Richo's interviews, he seemed genuinely chuffed that we won. When he speaks to Dahl, and Lukey begins to tear up as he speaks about how the club gave him a chance.... brilliant.

This thread is brilliant too.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

20. Likes Sedat, The Doctor liked this post