Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  69
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favourite GF presentation moments

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    The moment:

Channel 7 (Bruce): Picken, Oh Picken! Picken, Yes!
    6PR (Not sure who's calling): Oh Liam Picken. Liam Picken! LIAM PICKEN!!
    ABC (Gerard): Picken! He couldn't! HE COULD!!
    AFL Live (Peter Donegan): Now Picken! From 30 out (Billy Brownless yells uncontrollably to drown him out). Is he going to be the Grand Final Hero??
    3AW (Tony Leonard): Picken's got it, to try and thread the needle, YES HE DOES!!
    Triple M (JB): Ground Level, Picken, Straightens up, SAUSAAAAAGE! Sausage, BULLDOGS! They've busted it out to 7 points. I don't know Spud, they're winning this bloody game I reckon!!
    SEN (Huddo): But guess who's got it? GUESS WHO'S GOT IT! PICKEN! PICKEN! LIAM PICKEN HAS KICKED A GOAL FOR THE BULLDOGS, THAT SENDS THEM 7 POINTS AND THEY ARE STARING AT HISTORY NOW!
    I could watch that footage all day. So many players working so hard. Loved Cordys bullocking. Who is the player laying the block to let picken have the shot on goal?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post
    I could watch that footage all day. So many players working so hard. Loved Cordys bullocking. Who is the player laying the block to let picken have the shot on goal?
    By memory is it McLean?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Peter is a great caller.
    Als Octocalls have really highlighted the good and the poor callers, I know Tony Leonard is a Dogs supporter and has mates on here but he should never commentate our games.
    I first met Tony Leonard nearly 40 years ago and love the guy but you're about him. Like Dan Lonergan (who I have never met thank Christ because it would take about 15 seconds after meeting him before I had to punch him) they should never be allowed to commentate bulldog games because they barrack and criticise far too much.

At the end of the prelim Tony turns to Nathan Brown "so this is what it's like Nath!" Meaning that this is what it's like after all these years, isn't it fantastic for us bulldog people?" but the only problem was Nathan Brown isn't a bulldog person and frankly couldn't have given a flying *!*!*!*! whether we were in the Grand Final or not. So Tony asked him again, and Browny blanked him again. It was embarrassing.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Gee bit tough on Brown . He was one of the few who stood up for the club when the whole "relevance " debate surfaced two years ago.
    They were lining up with baseball bats whacking the club, yet Brown stood up for us. For Tony Leonard I'd throw up Bruce Eva for bias, as Bruce plays Tony off a break. I like Bruce Eva by the way . Peter Donegan is an outstanding sports broadcaster whom is rediculously undervalued and under-utilised

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Gee bit tough on Brown . He was one of the few who stood up for the club when the whole "relevance " debate surfaced two years ago.
    They were lining up with baseball bats whacking the club, yet Brown stood up for us. For Tony Leonard I'd throw up Bruce Eva for bias, as Bruce plays Tony off a break. I like Bruce Eva by the way . Peter Donegan is an outstanding sports broadcaster whom is rediculously undervalued and under-utilised

Nathan Brown is a great bloke. I loved every game he played for us and we were well compensated when he left us. I have no problem with him at all. But he ain't a bulldog supporter, he's a bulldog person maybe, but he's not a supporter. In fact he is on record as having said that during our run in 2008-10 that he watched each prelim hoping we'd lose because he knew that he would have played a big part of that push if he'd stayed at the club and he was jealous that he'd miss out on a premiership. He said he couldn't stand the thought of the players he came up through the ranks with like Shaggy and Murph and Gia having team success together and he would have "missed out".

Nathan is all about Nathan, that's OK, I'm usually all about me. Anyway my point was more about Tony Leonard.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

6. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Picken's last 2 goals are my favourites and will be watched over and over and over again over the years. Of course Boyd's long bomb will be up there too, but the roar of the crowd from both of Picken's just hits me more emotionally.

I must say, after the siren and as the presentation was happening, there was this eerie quietness about the place.....there was just so much shock and disbelief. This was truly a lifetime experience for dogs fans. Something supporters of most clubs will never get to experience.

8. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rooner View Post
    By memory is it McLean?
    Was none other than Tom Boyd

10. Likes craigsahibee liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

My wife's favourite moment was just after the long goal, when McLean jumped on Tom's back and Tom just kept running like there was only a fly on his back.
    Shes a woman with fine taste - it was an iconic moment

12. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Picken's last 2 goals are my favourites and will be watched over and over and over again over the years. Of course Boyd's long bomb will be up there too, but the roar of the crowd from both of Picken's just hits me more emotionally.

I must say, after the siren and as the presentation was happening, there was this eerie quietness about the place.....there was just so much shock and disbelief. This was truly a lifetime experience for dogs fans. Something supporters of most clubs will never get to experience.
    Yes I definitely noticed and experienced that eerie stillness after the siren. A poignant punctuation after a 62 year punctuation.

Liam's goals and my favourite mark ever were more moving even than Boyd's goal, the sealer, because Liam personifies to me that wild colonial boy spirit coupled with really hard work and physical bravery that he has injected into the team and is shared by others. Whereas Tom's goal was the stamp of Fate.
    Footscray Football Republic.

14. Likes bulldogsthru&thru liked this post