Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
    Post Thanks / Like

Dog Daniel Stays Contact Free After Shoulder Reco

A RESTRICTED pre-season after a shoulder reconstruction for Western Bulldogs young gun Caleb Daniel means he is yet to join full training.

However, the runner-up in last year's NAB AFL Rising Star to Sydney's Callum Mills told News Corp he was doing most of the work.

"I've joined in pretty much the bulk of the training – just no contact at the moment. I've started doing weights," Daniel said.

He wasn't the only Bulldog to go under the knife during the off-season, with key defender Kieran Collins also part of the rehab group.

Collins told the club's website he expected to return to training in the next week.

"I did my shoulder against Box Hill in the VFL and had two hip surgeries as well," Collins said.

"I'm coming along alright and feeling fit now. I'm looking to get back into training in the next week or so."

Collins was drafted at No. 26 in 2015 and his mature frame stood out immediately. However, he said his running had improved after losing weight.

"I came to the club a bit heavier than what I would have liked," Collins said.

"I had to lean up and put that muscle on and drop the fat. I have dropped a few kilos since I started."

He was listed at 100kg last year.

2. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dog Daniel Stays Contact Free After Shoulder Reco

First year of nearly all VFL footy for a shoulder surgery and two hip surgeries. I guess that's the other side of footy, fame, money and then things a that come with it.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

When I first glanced at the headline I thought it said "contract free". I thought "noooo, they aren't getting Caleb!"
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

5. Likes Throughandthrough liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    First year of nearly all VFL footy for a shoulder surgery and two hip surgeries. I guess that's the other side of footy, fame, money and then things a that come with it.

I can remember seeing Jim Sewell take his jumper off one day and he was wearing a girdle that held his back together. I think that's what they mean when they talk about sacrifice.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite