Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
Dickson's finals series probably went under the radar a bit - for a bloke who had 16 shots at goal.

v WCE, kicked 2.2 and was pretty busy with 18 possessions, 7 marks and 5 tackles.
v Haw, we'll probably always remember the early, uncharacteristic misses. 1 goal, 3 behinds from his 12 possessions.
v GWS, torched Heath Shaw really. 4 goals 1 behind, and the one miss, I dare say he wouldn't have missed it if the siren hadn't gone - he looked unsure whether to kick the ball or celebrate!
v Syd - 3 goals straight in the grand final - one in each of the first 3 quarters - before we broke the game open. Also had 5 tackles.

After 5 straight v Adelaide in the 2016 finals - he is building a reputation as a reliable finals performer with 15 goals in 5 finals. I'd imagine 3 goals a game in finals would stack up very well with other forwards in this era.
They're almost as good as it gets from his type of small to medium sized forward.

I can tell by watching his work rate, leading patterns and his ball use within 70m from goal he's the consummate forward, there's not many of his type around these days.