Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
    Post Thanks / Like

Bulldog Dreaming, Nice Dreams or Nightmares

From time to time, posters have shared their dreams about all things Bulldogs (keep it clean y'all). Fun and Freudian at the same time, so I thought we dedicate a thread since I joined the club last night...

... Our 1954 Premiership cup was actually a living being. It snuck out of the WO without anyone knowing for every Grand Final and went to the MCG for every Grand Final 1954-2016. After we won the 2016 cup, 1954 cup told everyone what had been happening and it was verified as the single most important, longest and continuous piece of Grand Final item/memorabilia in the history of the VFL/AFL. Gillon and his HQ cronies were absolutely pissed off, but they couldn't do anything...

You know you're dreaming when the AFEL won't act prejudically against anything not in their interests...

And yours?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bulldog Dreaming, Nice Dreams or Nightmares

But. We haven't had the cup since 1954. It was retrospectively awarded in the 80s or 90s.

I must have had dreams about footy, it's inconceivable that I haven't. But I can't remember any.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    But. We haven't had the cup since 1954. It was retrospectively awarded in the 80s or 90s.

I must have had dreams about footy, it's inconceivable that I haven't. But I can't remember any.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Likes bulldogtragic, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I reckon 2009 i had a dream of Johnno holding up the cup.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to dream of the players getting called up one by one for their premiership medals. And then it happened