Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
    Post Thanks / Like

Travis Cloke Western Bulldogs, Mick Malthouse comments: Forward a perfect fit

2. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Travis Cloke Western Bulldogs, Mick Malthouse comments: Forward a perfect fit

Mick makes a fair bit of sense.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Travis Cloke Western Bulldogs, Mick Malthouse comments: Forward a perfect fit

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Mick makes a fair bit of sense.
    Apart from his comment about Cloke and Crameri fitting in as two tall forwards. Crameri doesn't play like a tall forward and both he and Stringer are likely to benefit from Cloke's inclusion.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

5. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Despite their premiership success, Malthouse said a tall forward like Cloke was the perfect addition for the Dogs, whose tall forward chasm played a big role in their ladder position at the end of the home away season (seventh).

I'm not sure how much of an issue this was in causing the massive two game disparity between ourselves and top of the ladder, which, seemed not to matter when we got a team three or so players away from our best 22 together for the finals. Our lack of a tall forward didn't seem to matter much then.

When not playing at our best last year the dynamics were more affected by not having prime ball movers consistently on the park, it amazes me how little credence is given to our consistency in spite of this.

I suppose the perspective supports the narrative of the story and backs up Mick's comments.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

I like positive news but I cant pretend that I think Mick is still relevant.