Thanks Thanks:  97
Likes Likes:  455
Page 28 of 142 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233343536373878128 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who would you have JMac target this year?

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    How could we convince a #1 ruckman to come to us when the sell is "we already have a Roughead/Boyd combo as our preferred option"?

We're going to have enough issues convincing Campbell to stay (if we even want to convince him, which I hope we do as his depth is important), and in fact I don't think we should be trading anyone in unless Campbell does ask for a trade. Even then it should be a second-stringer that has room for improvement and does not cost much, similar to how other clubs would view Campbell.
    I think Goldstein has to be the number one ruckman for whatever club he plays for so I agree it's going to be hard to squeeze him in

Just on Campbell, what other clubs would be interested in him? Maybe North if Goldy departs but he would be pitted against Preuss and he might be the 2nd fiddle again. Fremantle might be interested of Sandilands is to retire

I'm not sure there are too many potential homes for him and he would be better sticking with us
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    English will be a star Mark my words.
    If the rumours are true about Goldstein off field I can't see him being at North next year.
    They should be playing Pruess anyway in my eyes.
    English needs time to develop. At least another season at Footscray before he should be ready for an extended run in the seniors as a ruckman

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by S Coast Simon View Post
    Thoughts on Ailir Ailir. Very talented player seemingly on the outer
    I like him a lot. If Lever falls through he would be ideal

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    English needs time to develop. At least another season at Footscray before he should be ready for an extended run in the seniors as a ruckman
    Could he play in a key position or a pocket (we are going retro) in the seniors while he develops?
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post

Could he play in a key position or a pocket (we are going retro) in the seniors while he develops?
    He just needs time but I don't think he's going to be ready for a lot of senior football for another season. Happy to be proven wrong though.

Post Thanks / Like

Thoughts on Ailir Ailir. Very talented player seemingly on the outer
    He'd be hard to pry away from the Swans but I'd hope the club at least asks the question.

Post Thanks / Like

He just needs time but I don't think he's going to be ready for a lot of senior football for another season. Happy to be proven wrong though.
    Let's hope so. This time anyway. You do have an infuriating habit of being right about these things though.

He'd be hard to pry away from the Swans but I'd hope the club at least asks the question.
    I reckon now would be the perfect time. The player has been dropped for disciplinary reasons and now can't get back in the team. The motivation from him to move might be good at the moment.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

I would think it will take more than one season. Is body still has a lot of adjusting to do for the rigours of AFL football.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I would happily take. Goldy. Scott Thompson Adelaide. Ailir Ailir and Lever. That will do us fine for a year or two while our boys beef up a bit. Thompson in the middle protecting Bont

Post Thanks / Like

What are the Goldstein off field rumours?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

I would happily take. Goldy. Scott Thompson Adelaide. Ailir Ailir and Lever. That will do us fine for a year or two while our boys beef up a bit. Thompson in the middle protecting Bont
    Thompson seriously. Have you seen him run lately. He could not get near protecting anyone. Another one who played on too long and topped up their super.

11. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm wondering about this now. Only played 3 games this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    What are the Goldstein off field rumours?
    I'm trying to come up with an analogous scandal to soft peddle it, but can't, so lets just say he's "having sex with" a "trainer at North".

There's a chance he might end up at GWS if Kelly goes to North apparently.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

14. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't see GWS having a need for him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Can't see GWS having a need for him.
    Not so sure about that. Mumford has been thoroughly average this year and they seem to want Lobb as the tallest third tall forward of all time.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

17. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Talk that West Coast could be having a big list clean out at the end of the season. Any interest here? Mackenzie could be worth a look, don't know much about McInnes but could provide ruck depth?

Dozen look good: Eagles could make 12 list changes at season’s end

GONE
    Sam Mitchell, age 34: Almost certain to retire and join the club’s coaching panel.
    Drew Petrie, 34: Has been valuable because of injuries to Nic Naitanui and Scott Lycett but this will be his last season. Has worked on West Coast’s AFLW bid but could return to Melbourne.
    Jonathan Giles, 29: Journeyman ruckman turns 30 in January and has a significant knee issue.
    Paddy Brophy, 23: Called time on his AFL adventure earlier this year to head home to Ireland.

IN SERIOUS DOUBT
    Matt Priddis, 32: Has a contract for 2018 but playing on may also mean spending significant time in the WAFL. May opt to retire.
    Mark LeCras, 30: Turns 31 at the end of next month and has battled hip and back problems for much of this year.
    Simon Tunbridge, 24: Back playing reserves for East Perth after LARS surgery but career has been marred by ankle, knee and shoulder issues. His chance may have passed him by.
    Sam Butler, 31: Sole survivor of the 2006 premiership team. Has had a couple of soft tissue injuries again this year. Time may be up.

PLAYING FOR THEIR CAREERS
    Sharrod Wellingham, 29: Doesn’t have a contract and has been in the WAFL in recent weeks. Has talent but fast running out of time to show it.
    Eric Mackenzie, 29: Has struggled since his 2015 knee reconstruction and finds himself on the fringes now. Touch and go.
    Josh Hill, 28: If LeCras goes he may be kept but has been in and out of the team, with limited impact when in.
    Fraser McInnes, 24: Club’s call on him is likely to depend on how it views its ruck stocks. Has battled for AFL games but may be kept on for depth.
    Last edited by Axe Man; 27-07-2017 at 01:16 PM.