Thanks Thanks:  97
Likes Likes:  455
Page 101 of 142 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2119
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who would you have JMac target this year?

However, they are running this report a bit late as issues have been resolved.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta say the trade whisper scuttlebutt is getting worse by the year .I think the news cycle has increased tenfold from a few years ago

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    That's interesting. Would feel better to see one sign a contract (one in particular)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    That's interesting. Would feel better to see one sign a contract (one in particular)
    Dal is contracted for 2018, JMac is up for renewal.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

5. Thanks hujsh thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you know that for sure BAD? I wasn't aware there was a problem in the first place

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Do you know that for sure BAD? I wasn't aware there was a problem in the first place
    Was reported last week and confirmed by a couple of people.

Post Thanks / Like

Was reported last week and confirmed by a couple of people.
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I know it has been mentioned for a few years now but could Club be entertaining thoughts of Watts in RWB? I think he is contracted but recall he was dropped late in year. He can mark, beautiful kick for goal, tall and mobile. If Demons obtain Lever and with as many good young players they have surely they are close to the wind with player payments? I reckon Bevo could bring out best in Watts. What would he be worth $wise and draft pick/player swap wise?

10. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    I know it has been mentioned for a few years now but could Club be entertaining thoughts of Watts in RWB? I think he is contracted but recall he was dropped late in year. He can mark, beautiful kick for goal, tall and mobile. If Demons obtain Lever and with as many good young players they have surely they are close to the wind with player payments? I reckon Bevo could bring out best in Watts. What would he be worth $wise and draft pick/player swap wise?
    I play with this idea from time to time. Maybe he needs a fresh start, with being dropped twice this year. Someone who can kick straight is a huge advantage. Although it would come down to trade cost. What's he worth?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

BT, how would you package Stringer and Watts up trade wise? Straight swap or?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    BT, how would you package Stringer and Watts up trade wise? Straight swap or?
    Gee that's tough. Pick 1 vs Pick 5. Both second/third talls. Both had off field issues, particularly this year. Stringers ceiling is huge but is inconsistent, Watts on the other hand is more likely to offer consistency as the second or third tall but not mercurial. Watts makes his set shots really count, Stringer does not. Stringer can win a clearance and kick a 60m goal, Watts can not.

I hate to over valuable our own, but I think Stringer is worth more. Perhaps Stringer & 39 for Watts and 27 (early 3rd rounder for mid 2nd rounder)

Dogs: 9, 26, 27 & Watts
    Dee's: 11, 39, 46 & Stringer
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

14. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Watts to me has all the class in the world but is as soft as butter from what I've seen.
    Also Bevo wants players to run back,I'm Not sure watts is up to it .
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Watts to me has all the class in the world but is as soft as butter from what I've seen.
    Also Bevo wants players to run back,I'm Not sure watts is up to it .
    Could Bevo reinvent him as a player in role or attack? I think he's the sort that could be better at a second club where he hasn't got the 'pick 1' stigma attached. And he's talked about his preference for a coach like Bevo. He's had a better year than Stringer. He's taller and can take a turn in the ruck too. It's an interesting question if Jake leaves and Watts is identified as talent to replace the role needed.

Post Thanks / Like

I like Watts. Issue we'd have is Watts would struggle as the 2nd forward.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I like Watts. Issue we'd have is Watts would struggle as the 2nd forward.
    Our entire forward mix is a problem. If Stringer & Crameri are gone, our only mid sized forward is Dickson. We don't have a genuine quick small forward. We used unsuccessfully this year inside mids resting or coming back from injury like Smith, Dunkley, Wallis etc. we have Boyd, Cloke (I'm assuming those retirement rumours are off) & Redders who has limitations.

Bringing in Trengove as a defender may allow Adams & Young to get games up there which may allow Watts to be more effective, but we are banking on Lipinski & Greene to be our mid sized forwards if we can recruit one. The entire make up of our forward line needs addressing from personnel to structure.