Thanks Thanks:  97
Likes Likes:  455
Page 103 of 142 FirstFirst ... 35393949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 2119
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who would you have JMac target this year?

Wouldn't think we'd get a lot for Crameri, but should play hardball on Stringer .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    They have that sameness about them thats for sure, I don't think Simpson puts faith in the kids enough.
    He doesn't have any. WC are a mess with an ageing list and very few kids coming through.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    He doesn't have any. WC are a mess with an ageing list and very few kids coming through.
    Was having banter texts with a few mates tonight. They've got a rag tag bunch of imports from Hawks, Blues, Roos, Pies, Lions, Swans...

I think they're rooted for the next few years. Could easily be bottom 4 next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Me, I'd let them lose all their fringe players whilst we negotiate on Stringer to them. Maybe Crameri for Lang/Menzel. Ask GCS to hold off on GAJ. Then in the last hour if trade week when Menzel, Lang and others have gone I'd do this:

- Out offer the GCS trade wise and GAJ comes to us, or retires.
    - Tell Stringer he's staying and not getting anywhere near Geelong.

Let them *!*!*!*! themselves as they burn their 'own' for the chance at another, and block them.
    I like that very much. That would be a great outcome. Ablett bursting out of the middle and hitting Stringer on the chest.

WCE facing a 100+ belting, relying on Mitchell & Priddis who are going. I think they need to hit the draft, I wonder if someone like Duggan might be floated to Victorian clubs looking for a good kicking runner?
    They have a few we could look at. Apart from their stars they wouldn't trade they have some very good players they may consider trading for picks. They really do need some kids.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Kelly has signed with GWS for 2 more years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Boooo

Rockliff then.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Looks like not all players leave for the big money. Good on him for sticking with the group.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Storm gathering pace that Hinkley's about to walk out on Port for the Sunshine Coast.

If it becomes official, could there be other persons of interest on top of Trengove to shake out of Alberton amidst the fallout?
    BORDERLINE FLYING

9. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So Stringer is the biggest name on the trade tables, with Lever second. If Melbourne can lock Lever up quick, Stringer will be the biggest trade available. That should help increase his trade value as clubs like North & Saints have failed all year to get the big names.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Storm gathering pace that Hinkley's about to walk out on Port for the Sunshine Coast.

If it becomes official, could there be other persons of interest on top of Trengove to shake out of Alberton amidst the fallout?
    Pretty much called out by the clown Koch who thinks he is a coach so wouldn't surprise. A real Koch rant

12. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wingard.

14. Likes N/A, SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So Stringer is the biggest name on the trade tables, with Lever second. If Melbourne can lock Lever up quick, Stringer will be the biggest trade available. That should help increase his trade value as clubs like North & Saints have failed all year to get the big names.
    Like.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic
    Wingard.
    Double like.

Post Thanks / Like

Wingard.
    Fingers crossed he's good mates with Jackson ...
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Fingers crossed he's good mates with Jackson ...
    Is that "fingers crossed, (I understand that) he's good mates with Jackson" or "(I have my) fingers crossed (that) he's good mates with Jackson (and loved Ken Hinkley but hates the idea of living on the Gold Coast but has a strange fascination for living in a freezing cold and windswept industrial suburb west of Melbourne".) ?

Post Thanks / Like

Wingard rules; if we were to look at Stringer leaving as a breach of duty where the compensation required would be to put us in as close a position as we would have been had the breach not occurred, then Wingard would likely be the order issued.

(I'm in a remedies lecture at the minute but this seems fair)
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

19. Likes bulldogtragic, Murphy'sLore liked this post