Thanks Thanks:  97
Likes Likes:  455
Page 107 of 142 FirstFirst ... 757979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 2119
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who would you have JMac target this year?

Report I read was he hadn't signed due to the role being changed a little and they were working through it with him.
    A kind of restructure of the job, no big deal.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Carlton are of course leading the charge for Devon Smith and 2nd year player Matthew Kennedy from GWS but I wonder if Devon Smith might be worth us having a talk to?

He's player 109 games, kicked 100 goals and he is looking for more time in playing in the middle.

Is he a player would J-Mac should have on the radar?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Carlton are of course leading the charge for Devon Smith and 2nd year player Matthew Kennedy from GWS but I wonder if Devon Smith might be worth us having a talk to?

He's player 109 games, kicked 100 goals and he is looking for more time in playing in the middle.

Is he a player would J-Mac should have on the radar?
    A few of us have mentioned him. We badly need a small forward and he's probably the best gettable one. I'm not sure we can offer him more midfield time though.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Personally I'm not a huge fan of Devon Smith - runs one way, too inconsistent between games, minimal defensive pressure.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Personally I'm not a huge fan of Devon Smith - runs one way, too inconsistent between games, minimal defensive pressure.
    Perfect replacement for Stringer then
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't watched him closely but as a small forward he seems to apply a fair bit of defensive pressure. If he only runs one way then I agree he's not the player for us. We need mids capable of getting involved by running hard into the back line when needed.

I thought he might have been a good option to interchange with Dahlhaus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    A few of us have mentioned him. We badly need a small forward and he's probably the best gettable one. I'm not sure we can offer him more midfield time though.
    I'll bow to Sedat's assessment and happily rule a line through him but I think we could have found a decent split between forward and midfield duties for him.

Post Thanks / Like

To be fair we don't know what the coaches instructions are to Smith , he might be the one told to run forward at every opportunity.
    Therefore backs his players to get the ball and when they don't or stuff it up he looks bad.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

With me Sedat?

I wonder if Motlop could go to a HBF? He's stagnated a bit like Varcue did down there. But Varcoe improved by using run and carry off the HBF. I'm not sold on him as a forward, but with the game ahead being played ahead of him, can he launch off the HBF line with with JJ & Williams to add pace off that line? Moving Suckers to the wing HFF and not worry too much bout the defensive side. Is his kicking reliable enough for the role?

I'd take Cockatoo off a HFF until his body matures a bit more.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

With me Sedat?

I wonder if Motlop could go to a HBF? He's stagnated a bit like Varcue did down there. But Varcoe improved by using run and carry off the HBF. I'm not sold on him as a forward, but with the game ahead being played ahead of him, can he launch off the HBF line with with JJ & Williams to add pace off that line? Moving Suckers to the wing HFF and not worry too much bout the defensive side. Is his kicking reliable enough for the role?

I'd take Cockatoo off a HFF until his body matures a bit more.
    Can't see Motlop playing on someone in the back half. He would get exposed big time. He was impressive the last 2 finals & has a big tank so worth considering. The last 2 games have increased his worth by a fair margin.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    Can't see Motlop playing on someone in the back half. He would get exposed big time. He was impressive the last 2 finals & has a big tank so worth considering. The last 2 games have increased his worth by a fair margin.
    That's my issue with Motlop. I wouldn't take him based on his career to date, especially as a forward. I think Sedat was thinking a new role as a midfielder. But is there a new role where our club could take him on that potential, midfielder of HBF? I don't know, especially if he's wanting $600,000+

Post Thanks / Like

That's my issue with Motlop. I wouldn't take him based on his career to date, especially as a forward. I think Sedat was thinking a new role as a midfielder. But is there a new role where our club could take him on that potential, midfielder of HBF? I don't know, especially if he's wanting $600,000+
    He might want 600,000 doesn't mean he will get it.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    He might want 600,000 doesn't mean he will get it.
    Not sure. Chris Mayne & Ty Vickery got $500,000 last year, and with the CBA rising 20%, that's $600,000. Is he worth about what Mayne & Vickery got? I can see someone paying it, or close to it. But unless there's a new string to his bow, I hope it's not us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I haven't watched him closely but as a small forward he seems to apply a fair bit of defensive pressure. If he only runs one way then I agree he's not the player for us. We need mids capable of getting involved by running hard into the back line when needed.

I thought he might have been a good option to interchange with Dahlhaus
    I'm with you. I think he puts on a good amount of pressure from what I've seen and would consider him. He averages over 4.5 tackles a game across his career, that's quite a high number for a small forward/mid.

Post Thanks / Like

The other issue for mine about Devon is that he continuously burns players in better positions when going inside 50, like a lot of players at GWS lacks that team element.