Thanks Thanks:  97
Likes Likes:  455
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who would you have JMac target this year?

*Tracked Impey for some time but a lot of water to go under the bridge because he's contracted and other clubs into him. Didn't sound overly confident.
    *Confirmed interest in Crozier. Sounds likely to come to us.
    *Stringer could still stay at the dogs. No discussions with the bombers as yet. Expecting a high first rounder, not a late one.
    *Not overly concerned with ruck stocks
    *Relationship with Dalrymple is great. Didn't know where the rumour came from.
    *Hopes to stay with the dogs for a long time. "Extremely comfortable and happy at the bulldogs"
    *Hoping to built a strategy for sustained success
    *Believes Dalhaus is happy at the dogs. No discussions with his management
    *Crameri and Honeychurch not offered contracts due to needing to draft 3 players in the draft. It's a wait and see what happens in trade period.
    *Essendon leading the race for Stringer but no indication as yet.
    *Made mention to amount of time to get deal done with Stringer. Sounds like we could be busy this trade period

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Good points, I wonder how we rate Crozier vs Impey though? With Trengove locked in adding two players like Crozier and Impey might be a bit over doing it a bit
    Why?

It's a seriously young list we have heading into 2018 so a couple more mid 20 aged types would be handy additions to the age profile... Probably means HC goes which isn't a bad thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Just caught some notes for those who cant listen in

We have tracked Impey all season and we are interested
    We have talked to Fremantle about Crozier who could play a few positions for us
    We think Trengove will be a defender but also do a couple of other roles at times
    He could see Stringer with us next season
    Stringer is a talent and his management know that if the right offer comes then we could consider it otherwise he stays
    We won't gift wrap him for another club and we don't think a late first round pick is sufficient.
    Haven't talked to the Bombers yet

The ruck department is something we are always assessing but we aren't that focused on it. It's a changing landscape
    Thought the combination of Roughead and Boyd was working well

Draft wise he'd like a 3 or 4 year deals for early draftees

Relationship with Dalrymple is great, we've worked together for 6 years and we are working hard during this period. No idea why there is such speculation between the two

He is working hard and will address his own contract at the end of the season. Very comfortable with the process and sees himself with us going forward

Crameri hasn't been offered a contract same as Honeychurch and it all depends to how we come out of the trade period

Essendon might be leading the race for Stringer. Preliminary discussions with Geelong but nothing serious
    It's all about getting a good outcome
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the updates.

Really hope we land Impey and I don't mind Crozier to a lesser degree.

We are saying all the right things at the minute, so it'll be interesting to see what happens re Stringer.

Post Thanks / Like

Jmac obviously pushing the Geelong side and the 'he may remain with us next year' angle to boost his value.
    No one likes dealing with Essendon, We will be asking for pick 11 they will be offering 4th round no doubt.

Interesting that when it comes to his own contract he said he sees himself as staying with the bulldogs for a long time.
    So why hasn't he signed up yet?

I got the impression from that interview that Jmac knows how to say all the right things very well, but what is actually happening in the background might be a different story.

Post Thanks / Like

My interpretation is that if we lose Stringer and maybe don't land Crozier then we will offer a contract to Crameri but I think it's basically Stringer or Crameri

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    Jmac obviously pushing the Geelong side and the 'he may remain with us next year' angle to boost his value.
    No one likes dealing with Essendon, We will be asking for pick 11 they will be offering 4th round no doubt.

Interesting that when it comes to his own contract he said he sees himself as staying with the bulldogs for a long time.

I got the impression from that interview that Jmac knows how to say all the right things very well, but what is actually happening in the background might be a different story.
    He's probably been to focused on managing our list and scouting players he hasn't had the time to consider his own contract knowing fairly well he'll re-sign? Just a thought.

Post Thanks / Like

I think he is pushing for a restructure of the footy department and if he gets that he will stay. He could be after more resources and possibly a great focus on tracking and scouting players at other clubs during the season. He is an ambitious type so I could see him pushing for greater control

Regarding knowing what to say, he is now on record with his valuation of Stringer and now needs to deliver something close to that.

Post Thanks / Like

I think he is pushing for a restructure of the footy department and if he gets that he will stay. He could be after more resources and possibly a great focus on tracking and scouting players at other clubs during the season. He is an ambitious type so I could see him pushing for greater control

Regarding knowing what to say, he is now on record with his valuation of Stringer and now needs to deliver something close to that.
    From a previous interview I think by PG he says they were restructuring the role and going through it with JMAc
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

This is how rumours start people Read into things no matter how straight forward it comes from the horses mouth.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

We have tracked Impey all season and we are interested
    Interesting. I wonder if the Trengove deal was set up at the start of the season?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Rather than go for a "has been" ruck from another club we could do worse than offering a rookie contract to Nick De Steiger. He played well for our VFL team last year. I like his bullocking ruck work and his marking around the ground was impressive. He is 199cm's and well built guy and was the premier ruckman in the amateurs in 2016.

Post Thanks / Like

Bevo seems more interested in a mobile type ruckman who can play different positions though. Not your typical ruckman who plays well in the ruck and takes marks around the ground. More the type of ruckman who isn't actually a ruckman, just tall.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

We would need to delist a ruckmen if we were going to pick up another one in my opinion. Roughy/Boyd with Campbell and English as back ups is plenty. If we don't think it is there is an issue with those players. The number is more than ok considering we don't even rely on a traditional ruck type.

Post Thanks / Like

Schache's manager a couple of weeks ago said he wasn't going anywhere at all, playing in Brisbane. According to afl.com.au his manager is now saying 'well you never know'.

Worth having an enquiry into?

He would secure a talented spine for 6-8 years, as well as ability to ruck too.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023