Thanks Thanks:  97
Likes Likes:  455
Page 15 of 142 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565115 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who would you have JMac target this year?

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Only Honeychurch off the main list, which means one more player - that is hardly cutting deeper.

Any way - how many would you advocate for this year - forgetting the Rookie list at this stage.

For me I have the three 35 year olds, Hamilton, Honeychurch, and possibly Webb - which makes it 6. I think JJ will stay, and we may look at trading out another player depending on JMAC and who he chases.
    Why Webb.....one of the young players who can actually kick? Surely he replaces Boyd or Murphy.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Why Webb.....one of the young players who can actually kick? Surely he replaces Boyd or Murphy.
    He has played 17 games in three years, may be he isn't good enough? I am just throwing up names. Who would you look at?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Heard on radio this morning that JMac met with Mr and Mrs Lever last night

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dadsgirl16 View Post
    Excellent

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Exxxxxcellent !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dadsgirl16 View Post
    I hope it's true. I hope it's final sign off and not a tyre kicking exercise.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

He has played 17 games in three years, may be he isn't good enough? I am just throwing up names. Who would you look at?
    Morris, Murphy, Boyd, Honeychurch, Clay Smith, Crameri, Prudden.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Morris, Murphy, Boyd, Honeychurch, Clay Smith, Crameri, Prudden.

Hamilton?

Prudden is on the Rookie list. I forgot about Smith, has not looked like it this year, just so slow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    The question I was asked contained a comment that I was always advocating for deeper cuts to the list therefore it was referencing the past. I would have thought Prudden, Honeychurch and Roarke Smith would have been regarded as fortunate to survive especially with known long term injuries to Wallis and Redpath. A couple of spots could have easily put some depth back into the list.
    We went into the season light on for experienced players and with a few injuries and some drop in form we've struggled to play good football for enough time in our games.
    Roarke Smith absolutely deserved another year as a rookie based on rate of improvement and scope for continued improvement - unfortunately we couldn't foresee another knee reco in the NAB Challenge.

Prudden is an interesting one - we did the right thing by a fringe player to rookie him while he was halfway through recovering from a knee reco. I think that was definitely the right play as it shows the playing group and also prospective players from other clubs that we care about all of our players.

Honey was very lucky but I can understand keeping him after we lost 22-30 players like Hrovat and Stevens. Hamilton was extremely fortunate to get another year.

We brought in Cloke who is ready-made and was tracking perfectly well until Ziebell's cheap shot fractured his sternum and ribs - he hasn't been the same since. Crameri was unforeseen, and based on his excellent 2014/15 seasons with us would have been expected to be a valuable senior player for us this year - again circumstance has conspired against us.

Murph deserved another year as did Morris. Boyd was a touch and go call but off the back of an AA season he really deserved another year based on form.

You're probably right but we have also been very unlucky with a number of issues within the playing group - I think hubris is too strong a word.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

10. Likes bulldogtragic, Remi Moses liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Only Honeychurch off the main list, which means one more player - that is hardly cutting deeper.

Any way - how many would you advocate for this year - forgetting the Rookie list at this stage.

For me I have the three 35 year olds, Hamilton, Honeychurch, and possibly Webb - which makes it 6. I think JJ will stay, and we may look at trading out another player depending on JMAC and who he chases.
    I reckon you can add Cloke. In an under performing team I cant see how he is gonna add any value, I'd happily pay him out and move on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    You're probably right but we have also been very unlucky with a number of issues within the playing group - I think hubris is too strong a word.
    It probably is but there was a fair bit of it from a fans perspective with some of the comments I've heard and read indicated we just had to show up in September and turn it on again.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I think the fans being cocky has no bearing on the club to be honest .
    I mean we all thought we'd get bundled out the first week .

14. Likes AndrewP6 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Spot on. If the same attitude exists internally, then there is a problem.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    I didn't.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is something a little different, how about we target a new list manager?

Not a lot to be excited about with our recent dealings.