Thanks Thanks:  97
Likes Likes:  455
Page 18 of 142 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868118 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who would you have JMac target this year?

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I wouldn't say he's slow. He's 27 and a mature body to put around the ball. He's numbers this year across the entire competition are huge, from top 4 to top 20 in his kicking, his inside 50's, tackling, clearances, contested possessions etc. Hes getting about 28 touches a game with a disposal efficiency better than Dustin Martins too.

So for me, he's a ready made midfielder who wins the hard contested ball, clears it out like a machine, puts tackling pressure on, kicks more than others which includes a lot more inside 50's. Mark's it about 6 times a game and has rebounds out of defensive 50. A bloke who has good offense and good defence, has work ethic running both ways, and works on pressure wherever he is on the ground takes us closer towards what we had last year. A bloke who knows how to deliver it a lot into the forward 50 many times a game is also a good thing.
    We could do far, far worse than Rockliff. I like his goal sense too. FWIW I think JJ is on 100k too much and even then 550k for him would be good coin. Needs to get himself back in the winners circle pronto. If he's asking the 700k range he can't be having 5-6 week form slumps.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll probably warm to Lever coming to the Dogs if it gains momentum rather than just speculation but I'd hate to have to cough up an early first round pick to make it happen.

Can Lever play on the bigger key forwards or is he more of a taller version of Easton Wood who's main strength is intercept marking?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    We could do far, far worse than Rockliff. I like his goal sense too. FWIW I think JJ is on 100k too much and even then 550k for him would be good coin. Needs to get himself back in the winners circle pronto. If he's asking the 700k range he can't be having 5-6 week form slumps.
    Agree that expectations rise for JJ. I hope he meets them. If we were offering $650,000 for 4 years on Rockliff, the Frawley precedent says they get picks 2. Plus drafting Callenden mid first rounder as an academy player. That's a huge draft for them, effectively picks 1, 2 & 10.

If they wanted a draft points trade to assist with Callenden, completely separate of course, they could get an extra 171 points or so by giving us pick 19 for our second and Norths third (26/27 & 38 or so). For us that's huge, pick 8/9 plus pick 19 and Rockliff. That gets some good trades done, such as Lever, a talented small forward etc.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'll probably warm to Lever coming to the Dogs if it gains momentum rather than just speculation but I'd hate to have to cough up an early first round pick to make it happen.

Can Lever play on the bigger key forwards or is he more of a taller version of Easton Wood who's main strength is intercept marking?
    Highly mobile, excellent spoiler and really good at ground play for a 6'5. Dale Morris' defending ability with Wood's magnetism. Really like him and think the acquisition will assist to free up Wood for a more attacking role.

Perfect age profile sign him on a long term deal so he can grow with the rest of the pups.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

5. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully that's Collins job, getting the big guys, when he's to the level. Then Lever & Cordy taking tall guys, Wood covering all too. Lever & Wood would a dynamic intercepting duo. I don't mind Adams as a forward or swing man, with Cordy able to swing with match ups. If that came about, it would be a very versatile, agile, athletic bunch of talls and more so if Young develops on. I like how it would pan out, although signing Roberts for two years would just be a depth player with these guys ahead of him.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Agree that expectations rise for JJ. I hope he meets them. If we were offering $650,000 for 4 years on Rockliff, the Frawley precedent says they get picks 2. Plus drafting Callenden mid first rounder as an academy player. That's a huge draft for them, effectively picks 1, 2 & 10.

If they wanted a draft points trade to assist with Callenden, completely separate of course, they could get an extra 171 points or so by giving us pick 19 for our second and Norths third (26/27 & 38 or so). For us that's huge, pick 8/9 plus pick 19 and Rockliff. That gets some good trades done, such as Lever, a talented small forward etc.
    I would be very happy with this outcome. The ability to add Rockliff and Lever and give Dal a top 20 would be daylight robbery. We know about Lever but I just think Rockliff needs new air to breath. Not sure about the Melbourne cauldron for him, but he can kick, find the footy and is dangerous forward of centre. Is an absolute mongrel too which I like. Finals-type player. Would be excellent for us.

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully that's Collins job, getting the big guys, when he's to the level. Then Lever & Cordy taking tall guys, Wood covering all too. Lever & Wood would a dynamic intercepting duo. I don't mind Adams as a forward or swing man, with Cordy able to swing with match ups. If that came about, it would be a very versatile, agile, athletic bunch of talls and more so if Young develops on. I like how it would pan out, although signing Roberts for two years would just be a depth player with these guys ahead of him.
    Yep Collins was of course supposedly the 2nd best tall in the draft and we were astonished he fell to our second round. Maybe a late bloomer but he has time on his side and is reportedly still growing. Could well be the back stop we need for the next 8-10 years. I'm still very optimistic.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Collins would be ready next year but maybe after that. I don't mind Adams as a forward either.
    If we are going to pay the amount that has been rumored (yes it's speculation) I just don't know if was are paying a premium both in dollars and with an early draft pick for a player that isn't a star?

Basically we would be using the money we would have used for Hurley last year and is Lever as good as him?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Highly mobile, excellent spoiler and really good at ground play for a 6'5. Dale Morris' defending ability with Wood's magnetism. Really like him and think the acquisition will assist to free up Wood for a more attacking role.

Perfect age profile sign him on a long term deal so he can grow with the rest of the pups.
    By the sounds of things opposition teams will need kryptonite to stop him
    I'll do some research but how does he go when pitted against the bigger key forwards like Kennedy, Hawkins and Franklin?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Collins would be ready next year but maybe after that. I don't mind Adams as a forward either.
    If we are going to pay the amount that has been rumored (yes it's speculation) I just don't know if was are paying a premium both in dollars and with an early draft pick for a player that isn't a star?

Basically we would be using the money we would have used for Hurley last year and is Lever as good as him?
    Perhaps not yet, but he's looking a likely type though. I've no problems in paying the new market rate, when there's a handful of teams chasing him. They also still wants Gibbs. There's a good set of trades for us, Adelaide & Carlton.

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps not yet, but he's looking a likely type though. I've no problems in paying the new market rate, when there's a handful of teams chasing him. They also still wants Gibbs. There's a good set of trades for us, Adelaide & Carlton.
    Without an early pick courtesy of JJ's decision to stay..is just a 1st round pick around 8 to 10 going to satisfy Adelaide's demands?
    I'm making a big assumption that we at least finish at least 10th

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Without an early pick courtesy of JJ's decision to stay..is just a 1st round pick around 8 to 10 going to satisfy Adelaide's demands?
    I'm making a big assumption that we at least finish at least 10th
    Just using precedent. Jaeger O'Meara last year was a pick in that range (pick 10) and a future second rounder (probably going to be pick 25 this year). If Lever is of equal worth, add in 2018 second rounder (or a player we'd happily part with). A top 10 pick is still a good offer nonetheless.
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 11-07-2017 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Thai Po

14. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he's just as good if not better than Hurley at his age . Interesting times

Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone hear the 5AA grab of Jake Lever's interview tonight? Goneski
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

17. Likes kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Did anyone hear the 5AA grab of Jake Lever's interview tonight? Goneski
    Is that the one where he picked Bob's jumper number 2 for next year?